Topic: SFC on Vista  (Read 9436 times)

Offline Mikecat

• Ensign
SFC on Vista
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:43:53 pm »
I am trying to figure out how to successfully install and then play SFC 1 and SFC 2 on a 64-bit Vista computer.  SFC 3 seems to install and play with no trouble. Has anybody out there figured out how to install and play SFC 1 and 2?  Thank you.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Re: SFC on Vista
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 10:12:06 pm »
I use vista and sfc2 works no problems though i have not tryed to hook up to multiplayer. I did nothing with the install to make it work. I am told by a freind sfc2 wont run under "w7"  But its working on my crappy home basic version of vista ?
I am not sure what issue your haveing it may be an update that links vista more to w7 i bet?
Time for life!

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:33:20 pm »
It's probably been answered elsewhere, but have you tried right-clicking the .exe, going into properties, and try to run it in compatibility mode for XP SP3?
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:13:50 pm »
We run an HP "Easy Note" and a 2010 model ACER here on Vista and both happily run SFC 1 multiplayer on LAN with no problems. All the other computers we use operate on Windows ME.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!