Topic: =/\= are you ready for carnivorous furniture? no seriously...  (Read 1620 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= are you ready for carnivorous furniture? no seriously...
« on: February 08, 2011, 12:40:32 pm »
it does exist. the idea being that certain appliances could be run on bio-fuelcells that run on flies or mice. part genius, part dr. frankenstein, i love it.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/02/07/133432897/meat-eating-furniture?sc=fb&cc=fp

http://pruned.blogspot.com/2011/01/carnivorous-domestic-entertainment.html
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: =/\= are you ready for carnivorous furniture? no seriously...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 12:45:31 pm »
Flies you say? Wow, finally a use for the clusterflies that were imported here and have become quite a nuisance by the literal ton. (seriously huge biomass here, probably rivals that of the ants by this point). I have always been amazed by their limitless energy and durability. Thing is they eat pollen, not meat. Well their larvae eat meat (worms - the reason they were imported). I suspect the clusterfly pollen consumption competition as a factor in domesticated and wild bee population declines.

I could be rich! Rich I say! Muahahahaha!  ;D :crazy2:

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:52:53 pm »
Forget flies and mice.  These would be great for disposing of my enemies and saving money on electricity at the same time. ;)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 02:32:41 pm »
Forget flies and mice.  These would be great for disposing of my enemies and saving money on electricity at the same time. ;)

Quoted for truth
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."