Topic: Anybody want a game?  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Camcolit

• Lt. Junior Grade
Anybody want a game?
« on: April 28, 2011, 04:46:41 am »
I've got a lot of time on my hands lately and have never played this multiplayer. Would love to try it out. These forums are not exactly active but I will check this regularly. Seems I am only starting to really appreciate this game 10 years after it comes out when no one plays it anymore... I installed gamespy arcade (grrrr I hate it) to check if there were any games on there, but there aren't, so I will uninstall it.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Anybody want a game?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:30:09 am »
Did you try Gameranger?
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline Camcolit

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:02:03 am »
No, thanks I'll give that a try. Hopefully can find some games. Right now I'm going to bed though :)

Offline ShadowDiver

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:25:25 pm »
Hi..

I would like to invite you to try gameranger at (http://www.gameranger.com/) it is a small download and install about 112kb.

Spider or myself would be happy to show you the ropes :) SCF-OP is very much alive and active...
there are a few thing you need to do to your game to get it to run...

in this order please.

1. Install SFC-OP fresh, (ie.. no mods, upgrades or changes to the game format.)

2. Install the patch that is correct for you. ((either 2550-2552 or the 2500-2552 patch, your version can be found on the lower right hand corner on the main start up screen. in either case those patch's can be found here at (http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads.php?game=SFC2%20OP))

3. you will need to install a mod to the game called Firesouls OP+4.0 refit..this is basically a list that has all of the original SFB ships in it and everyone is using it. that download can be found in the same location, (http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads.php?game=SFC2%20OP). you can use either models or no-models, but the new ships look killer. :)

4. Another download you will need later on will be Sector Assault 1.1, it has a bunch of new maps and allows for a new playing style. also from the same location.

5. Add to that is a download called Coop-Ace 4.0, it is located here (ftp://xenocorp.net/game_files/Star_Trek/starfleet_command/Starfleet_Command_OP/Scripts/). it allows for large scale combat utilizing team structure and strategic planing. allowing you to learn how to fly in formation with team-mates.

6. Download setup-EzINI, located here (ftp://xenocorp.net/game_files/Star_Trek/starfleet_command/) it is a small program that allows you to modify you resolution and hides you information in a multiplayer game.

7. if your planing on ever playing on the dynavers, well thats a new set of downloads to...download :) I will talk about that later.

next,  if you will just look at (http://www.google.com/talk/) and download the talk app on the right and sign up it will help let us know when your on-line and ready to play, plus we can chat and call each other for free..

there is also team speak 3 and team speak 2 both are VoIP interfaces...

good luck and I will be killing you soon!   :coolsmiley:

Offline Camcolit

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 09:39:49 pm »
Awake again  ;D. That's great, thanks. I think I'm all ready to play, I have all that stuff from downloading the big combined enhancement pack mod 5.0 or something. I'll download the chat program, looks like there are some people on gameranger now. Yeah, always nice to have to fresh redshirts to kill  ::).

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 06:32:38 pm »
Played a few games on gameranger tonight with Voidwar, add him and myself to your friends list so you can give a shout when you're on. He also said a guy named Spider X is on often.

Offline Camcolit

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 01:01:42 am »
Cheers, will do. Already played on gameranger with Spider and his friends. Fell into a black hole, then the next game didn't notice a cloaker and ran straight into a plasma torp at point blank  ;D

Offline ShadowDiver

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 08:20:27 pm »
yea...spider is vicious with his plasmas...
and he's mean to noobs.....

Offline Camcolit

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 08:52:50 am »
It's all good - besides, he is a Romulan, he has no honor.