Topic: RIP Trelane / koloth actor William Campbell.  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
RIP Trelane / koloth actor William Campbell.
« on: April 29, 2011, 10:27:27 pm »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-trek-favorite-william-campbell-183795

Actor also sang with Elvis in "Love Me Tender" and starred in Coppola's "Dementia 13."

William Campbell, who guest-starred in two memorable episodes of the original Star Trek TV series, died Thursday at the Motion Picture & Television Country Home and Hospital in Woodland Hills, according to StarTrek.com. He was 84.

Campbell played the all-powerful Trelane in the episode "The Squire of Gothos" and Koloth, a Klingon, in "The Trouble With Tribbles," both of which aired in 1967. He reprised the role of Trelane for a Star Trek: Judgment Rites video game in 1993, returned for a 1994 episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and was a regular at Star Trek conventions and cruises.

--------------

As fans of all things Trek, it is always sad when we loose one of our own.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
Re: RIP Trelane / koloth actor William Campbell.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:33:10 pm »
Today we are lessend :'(

Offline Farfarer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:09:15 pm »
Thanks for reminding us of the working actors in the 60's who brought all of this universe to life.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:02:17 am »
I wish I knew this happened earlier.  Very sad.  :-(
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.