Topic: Yes, I'm back. (Sort of.)  (Read 4186 times)

Offline KOTH-KieranXC, Ret.

• Spokesman, Punisher Industries
  • Lt. Commander
  • K-Fo, diehard SFCer and Taldrenite, est. 2000
Yes, I'm back. (Sort of.)
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:24:51 pm »
As you probably already could tell from my appearance in a couple of Andy's threads, I've returned to this little slice of the interwebs. It's been a long time, but one never forgets one's old haunts.

I'm here because the desire to write has been knocking around at the back of my mind intermittently for the past few months, and it migrated to the front of my mind after a conversation the other night with Andy and La'ra. Andy has graciously allowed me to become a permanent part of his STU, and as such any subsequent stories I write will be part of the Andyverse. It'll require a bit of revision to my personal canon, but I needed to do that anyway. I'm hoping that my skills have increased since the last time I appeared as a writer here; going back and reading some of my older stuff makes me cringe. We shall see soon enough, hopefully. I've got some story ideas kicking around in my head already, but I don't anticipate having much time to write at least until after next week, when my finals over. Again, though, we'll see how things shake out.

Good to see the old place and so many of the old faces still around.
"One minute to space doors."

"Are you just going to walk through them?"

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
Re: Yes, I'm back. (Sort of.)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43:09 pm »
So when are you posting a story? :D
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:44:32 pm »
I've got some story ideas kicking around in my head already, but I don't anticipate having much time to write at least until after next week, when my finals over. Again, though, we'll see how things shake out.

:P

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:40 pm »
Yes, I saw that, but that's not an answer....that's an excuse! :hoppinmad:
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:43 pm »
Come on, dude, you know my writing habits probably better than anyone else here. You can't rush it. ;)

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 09:48:31 pm »
True.  True.  Waiting on you IS sort of like waiting on Michael Moore at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »
 :stfu:

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 09:52:40 pm »
 :singing:

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 10:40:26 pm »
Good to have you back and on board, Kieran! Looking forward to your new stuff. I too have been revitalised and plan on good things happening in the Andyverse!
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »
OK, so... yeah, this whole comeback thing sort of... didn't happen. My apologies for that.

When I first posted this, I thought my life was on the verge of getting a little less hectic and it, well, didn't. Between RL obligations and plain old laziness, I never did get very far on turning the story ideas I had rattling around in my head into actual written stories. The good news is, though, that I never completely forgot about this place or my writing ideas. I've been developing those ideas over the past year-plus, and for some reason lately I've been again consumed by the desire to bring back ol' K-Fo.

Unlike before, I'm not going to try and make any promises about writing new stuff. I'm not sure I could keep them if I did, and you lot would be fools to trust me anyway. :D Besides, despite the fact that I'm only taking two classes this semester, they've both proven to be a considerable drain on my energy and time to this point. However, I did want to drop in and say I still do want to try and write at some point, and I think I'm going to try and be a regular contributor here again, with comments at the very least if not stories. I'm still not in a great place with my life, but I don't see it getting better any time soon, and if I keep putting this off until I'm in a better place... well, in that case I may never write again.

I have a couple ideas for Haven stories kicking around in my head, as well as a time travel piece I discussed with Andy last year. Now, the Great Bird of the Galaxy willing, I might actually get around to putting them down on paper soon. :D

Andy, hit me up the next time you see me on MSN. We should talk about some stuff. ;)

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 08:18:52 am »
Negative! You will write some stuff for .. something!!!

:P Good to see so many old school XC'ers showing their faces around here again.

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 09:13:14 am »
Hey, Frey. Good to be back, and good to see you again. :D