Topic: =/\= FAA discussing future commercial flight regulation implimentations  (Read 1506 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
and it is an open town hall style meeting it sounds like. there is a way to make your voice heard by submitting a statement to be read into notes. the site is currently down for maintenance and according to rumor upgrade to handle traffic until the 7th. but the meeting is not until the 26th. the link is in the article. i am going to try to write up something nice. :)

article here http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/faa-wants-your-opinion-about-commercial-space
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
I know I mentioned it on your facebook page, but this is awesome man.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
thanks sirgod. we determine our future. we create our own reality. if you want to affect the development of commercial spaceflight, here is your chance to have a direct effect.

also released today was a pdf talking about the difficulties facing commercial space flight. it is a pdf file so be careful.
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11629t.pdf
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Quite honestly, I'm of the opinion that the FAA has no business in space.  The only reason they have to exist today is that most aircraft today lack detection equipment and need to have the air traffic controllers telling them what's in the sky around them.  If someone launches a spacecraft without at least a RADAR system in place, they are negligent.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)