Topic: =/\= dark energy in the universe confirmed by auzzie scientists  (Read 1543 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
the ‘WiggleZ Dark Energy Survey’ has confirmed the existance of dark energy according to a new article. i think it is fascinating and humbling that we are just starting to get a handle on dark matter and dark energy theory. it makes me think of what else we don't know about the universe. what is the basic element of gravity? as an example. read the article for some really good info.

http://techie-buzz.com/science/dark-energy-confirmed.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+techiebuzz+%28Techie+buzz%29
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: =/\= dark energy in the universe confirmed by auzzie scientists
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 11:44:10 am »
"What scientists found, instead, was that the Universe was expanding at an ever-increasing rate."

I have always had a problem with this. We have no point of reference, we are part of the moving system. One course in astronomy told me pretty much what I needed to know. The number of assumptions not seen as such is significant. No one questions them.

My take on all of it is that if there is indeed missing mass, then it is in the form of energy under the utilisation of intelligences. Nothing is "dark", we just don't know where it is.

Here's a question: How do we know the "big bang" is over? Maybe it is not finished yet.

edit: some more questions ...
What is the Van der Waals radius (so to speak) of a galaxy? Does it have one?
What does it take to make them collide? Is galactic "fusion" possible/observed?
Can a galaxy have a net charge?
Do they all spin in the same direction? (yeah, yeah, reflect it in its plane...) This one is tough with no frame of reference. Do they all spin?
Why are there discrete galaxies? Why not one huge one?

edit2: waaiiitt a minute... how can galaxies collide if all from the same point source?  :skeptic:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:17:52 pm by Bonk XC »

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Re: =/\= dark energy in the universe confirmed by auzzie scientists
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 12:45:13 pm »
You start to see the questions I've had for years regarding the big bang.

Personally I think all that energy that's missing isn't missing, it's just locked in the expanding wavefront of the big bang explosion that is turning potentiality into reality AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

:)

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.