Topic: SFCOP Single Player Campaign Map Glitch  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Captain Drastic

• Ensign
SFCOP Single Player Campaign Map Glitch
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:39:41 pm »
I have tried every way I can to solve this problem, but now I am stumped.  Has anyone noticed that when you play a single player campaign in SFCOP sooner or later the only AI generated battles occur within a few hex columns of your ship's column, instead of across the whole map?  This is ruining the whole concept of a galactic war going on as you play.  I would greatly appreciate anyone who could help me fix this. Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:07:29 pm by Captain Drastic »

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: SFCOP Single Player Campaign Map Glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 02:20:29 am »
No.I haven't noticed this but it just might be you or do you read the news panel to see what sector has been taken as well as the map.It changed all the time when I feel like doing hoping on campaign.What era are you playing in and what type storyline or conquest?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 07:16:59 am »
Not quite sure what you mean there. Could you explain it another way or with additional detail?

Ah wait... I think I know what you might mean there... take a look at the settings in \MetaAssets\ServerProfiles\SinglePlayer\MetaMap.gf under [AIMovement]. There you will find some settings that may affect this. Though be aware, some gf settings require a new campaign and may be incompatible with previous campaign saves. (though I don't think the AIMovement section is one of those, you can try and see what you get)

Offline Captain Drastic

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 08:41:55 am »
     For example, when starting a general Hydran campaign the first few turns may produce AI battle results across the entire map, but then for several turns AI battle results occur only in the hex column my ship is in and the hex columns to the east, plus one hex column to the west.  I have already experimented with changing most of the settings in metamap.gf and the other .gf files in Single Player in my modding attempts.  I always play early era to start a camaign with the early era map, although I doubt starting at a later era would make a difference.  Also, this AI behavior occurs when I play a clean install of either 2500 or 2552, so it is not a modding issue.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »
When starting in the early era there aren't many battle staking place just possibly the Pirates.I don't see many empires fighting yet and I always start in early as well.