Topic: The voices in my head....  (Read 6846 times)

Offline KBF-SkullnBonez

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Hammer of the Gods
The voices in my head....
« on: July 15, 2011, 02:23:42 pm »
Perhaps "the VOICE" in my head is a more accurate description, it has been whispering to me with increasing regularity ever since i re-installed OP just to mess around with in the quieter moments .... the idea's keep coming and coming, been writing them down just incase the windows7 problems ever get resolved (fingers crossed)  Been spending time pvp'in in other games, but nothing comes close to the intensity and sheer entertainment that SFC pvp had back in the day, i miss it too much to ignore the voice any longer ... help me make the whispering STOP ....someone point me to where i can find the needed utilities for making a campaign, i *might* still have them floating around on a disk somewhere here but just incase is there a handy little server kit package with the needed tools? I understand that running a campaign is probably NOT gonna happen until certain issue's are resolved one day, but it would be nice to have one ready and waiting incase that day does indeed come around.

Guess another good question would be are there enough players for a campaign still?

Help, make the VOICE go away, HE won't stop whispering.....
I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older. Then it dawned on me; they are cramming for their finals.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Re: The voices in my head....
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:30:19 pm »
The last campaign that I ran over 2 years ago would wind up having about 10-14 people playing it during prime-time. 

If the campaign setting was good, have good mission packs and ship/fighter lists, and was running on a STABLE platform the answer is maybe.  I could see 20sih people on in a night.

It'll never be what it was which is a shame.  These "physics" need to be put in a modern game with a modern engine and it could be the greatest game ever.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KBF-SkullnBonez

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:38:51 pm »
Well thats a shame, fully agree with you about the updated engine etc etc, it would be fantastic .... well i guess i'll just have to put up with that voice for now...
I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older. Then it dawned on me; they are cramming for their finals.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:06:09 pm »
Look it is the Drug smuggling Klink.

Russ Ballard - Voices

No Youtube button here.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:51:28 pm »
you could always put up a fun server using some of your concepts. I know I would dig out my discs for that.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 07:34:00 pm »
I would let DH do that as he is better as that.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 11:51:19 pm »
RDSL will always remain in my mind as one of the best SFC campaigns ever...
The Riddles to be solved, the never before or since seen ships and models, the amazing battles, the teamwork that was never surpassed...Ah, the days of Glory...
I still have that installer on disk.  ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 11:52:05 pm »
 8)
It was so cool I did a double post...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 03:44:04 am »
yes truly one of the best campaigns ever. It ranks up there with the best of them.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 10:01:15 am »
The voices say "work from the EAW serverkit". ;)

Offline KBF-SkullnBonez

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 10:52:41 am »
perfect ... now i can start tinkering with all the ideas i have for SDSL, just incase....

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 07:11:07 am »
Would that EAW server kit be a "updated" one ?  ;)
Capt Jeff

Former SFC2.NET Administrator
C.O., Heavy Command Cruiser
USS Crasher NCC 1733

1AF---Friendship, Honor, Fun.  It's what we Play For.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 07:29:01 am »
Nope, that's still 2036 as is. The CE serverkit will be held until after the open beta. Not much has been done wrt to the serverkit at this point. Been focusing on Vista/7 broken networking in the client. For which it appears I have found a solution. It needs more testing. My current efforts are directed towards updating the directplay code in the client from directplay4 interfaces to directplay8. (only 3 ports instead of 21, and no tcp required)

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »
Good too see you back around Skull!

Have too agree RDSl was a blast. Hated thos shadow ships or whatever they were.  Kreug yelling at me not too lose my ship and of course I did and he left vent. HAHA Was fun. Dont think Ive ever been called a "bastard" so much in one night.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 02:34:34 am »
Damn that server was fun.

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 10:59:01 pm »
perfect ... now i can start tinkering with all the ideas i have for SDSL, just incase....

damaged and madelf may not be around to help make u go BOOM again, but i am!   :knuppel2:
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 09:26:13 am »
I am still around. ;D I need to resolve some port forwarding issues before I am able to play again. But yes, the Maus is locked and loaded for bear.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!