Topic: TOS FED DNH ?  (Read 9119 times)

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
TOS FED DNH ?
« on: July 16, 2011, 05:16:22 am »
Forbin  on the TREKBBS  has kitbashed what I think would make a great TOS DNH
Here's the link show the model

http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=144948

could some one cobble this one up with the the TOS Parts that we have around ?  ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: TOS FED DNH ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:22:52 am »
Should be fairly easy, its a Fed-DN with a Surya saucer instead of the normal saucer.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 11:31:49 am »
Should more or less just be a modification of the Mars or Federation meshes, just a saucer replacement.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 11:13:49 pm »
I thought the miranda saucer style was tmp if not what make it a new design ??   :huh: Looks good . Ive seen other models simmer to this i bet one is out there for sfc.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:25:26 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »
the Surya is the fan-design TOS version of the Miranda
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 11:42:04 pm »
the Surya is the fan-design TOS version of the Miranda
Sorry i did not know that.  :-[ I have seen this design atleast in a kitbash form in a sfc1/2 model. Perhaps ghosts old work ?
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 11:48:33 pm »
Lord Schtupps models would be awesome for it :)
Robinomicon

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 11:52:42 pm »
Lord Schtupps models would be awesome for it :)
Hell yea  Soooooooooo many options for kitbashes.  Sorry but i want to see a jj version of it  :-X
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 12:07:16 am »
As much as the JJ prise has grown on me, I feel like it doesn't kitbash as easily - for better or for worse (and I think for better, actually)
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 03:24:10 am »
I've seen a few successful kitbashes (Imo). Ones have been done for the FJ designs.

I think the Kelvin parts kitbash better though. The nature of their texture and geometry lends itself to cobble together designs. Still want to see what a pure constellation would look like made out of kelvin parts- every "example" i've seen of this modifies the design in some way.

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 04:47:39 am »
I thought the miranda saucer style was tmp if not what make it a new design ??   :huh: Looks good . Ive seen other models simmer to this i bet one is out there for sfc.

So you don't know the Surya, here you can find some info for it: http://www.jh.kobarg.de/k7/timeline.php?q=fsc
its in the FSC-Volume 10, these pdf-books are trying to merge some events and timelines from canon -, FASA -, SFB - and fanon Trek
the info in those books is good even its not correct in all its aspects.

why does someone want this as a JJ design or even made from Kelvin parts those design lineages suck totally and the classic look of those TOS ships is ways better than that JJ sh**.

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 11:22:24 am »
why does someone want this as a JJ design or even made from Kelvin parts those design lineages suck totally and the classic look of those TOS ships is ways better than that JJ sh**.

To each their own, mate. To each their own.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:55 am »
IIRC, this model has been made for SFC. I want to say it has an 'A' name and is in Bonk's SFB mod. I am about 90% sure of this.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 11:49:19 am »

So you don't know the Surya, here you can find some info for it: http://www.jh.kobarg.de/k7/timeline.php?q=fsc
its in the FSC-Volume 10, these pdf-books are trying to merge some events and timelines from canon -, FASA -, SFB - and fanon Trek

By the way, Terradyhne, thanks for providing that link to those timeline journals. That's good stuff.  8)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 12:28:22 pm »
That it is, that it is
Robinomicon

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 10:42:32 pm »

To see something diffrent i would say. Most of Trek is old and boring sorry to say. One can mock up a tos ship so many ways. Mix eras alrighy thats what JJ did for look and also JJ had no clue about Trek and the fan base but so be it done is done and canon now .
Time for life!

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 04:41:42 am »

The Kelvan linage looks cobbled-together and industrial without seeming too primitive or that it'll fall apart. A perfect pre-TOS analog since much of the trappings of TOS can be found in the Kelvin-era equipment and design (or were you not paying attention??)

The New Enterprise design is an interesting blend of TOS, TMP, and 1960s future space-pop. I'd like to see where it goes, I'm intrigued.

Both of them are miles better than the aquatic bath-toy spaceships we've seen since TNG.

Maybe I should comment on the topic too...

I usually shudder at kitbashes. One could browse through the list at starship schematic and see literally hundreds of bashed together hot-rod starships that mix and match so many parts in order to look cool. An awkward example would be flipping out a connie saucer for the Miranda one, as well as adding rollbars and super phaser mounts and maybe another nacelle or two. Much too overdone.

Somehow I don't feel that way with this one. Maybe it's because the redesign was limited to just the rear of the saucer. My concerns now would be if it fits the profile of a DNH- specifically in the extra shuttle bays.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 06:12:13 am »
IIRC, this model has been made for SFC. I want to say it has an 'A' name and is in Bonk's SFB mod. I am about 90% sure of this.

Really I need to check my zip files  Bonks SFB mod ?  I wonder if I have that one ? HMMM :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 05:48:42 pm »
No, you don't have to do that Bernard.. I've been trying to be strong, but I've caved and I'm going to kitbash it.  ;)

Dug out the meshes last night.. ;)

edit for pictures to show basic mesh and such before I redo the textures.. and just had to rename a texture and reassign that material and we're gold..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:21:32 pm by atheorhaven »
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 06:06:48 am »
Alec that is going to look very sweet   ;D  Thank you