Topic: TheForge Login Issue  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Ricardo_RSP

• Lt. Junior Grade
TheForge Login Issue
« on: July 24, 2011, 01:30:01 am »
Hi, i was very happy playing on TheForge server on OP, patrolling the neutral zone, when i change to another hex, it kept loading for a while and didn't changed to the hex that i wanted, so i thought that was a connection issue and a reconnected, when i try to go back in, it says that im already logged in, i tried rebooting the system, same error. I was reading an old topic about it, saying that people with this problem should contact the server owner, but, how do i do that?
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: TheForge Login Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 03:56:23 pm »
Far as I know Bonk_XC is the runner of The Forge. He should see this topic, but if I see him first I'll nudge him this way.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Ricardo_RSP

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »
Oh, thanks a lot then, i'll try to PM him =)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 08:51:43 pm »
Ghosted. Two solutions.... 1) completely disconnect the machine from the internet (power down, unplug network, power cycle router if present). Or - 2) I restart the server.  I see there are currently two players online: LtCommander Ternado and LtCommander Tiranit. If neither of those is your "ghost" then you should be good to login. If Tiranit is your account (I know Ternado's is not yours), then I will watch until that is the only character online and then restart the server. If need be I will ask that all players log off on general chat and then restart the server.

Offline Ricardo_RSP

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:57:19 pm »
Yeah, Tiranit its me, but isn't too much work for you? Restart the whole server? I already unplugged my router/modem from the outlet, got a new ip adress, but the errors was the same, there isn't a way to just kick the player? Hehehe

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:08:38 pm »
Nah to restart the server is not a big deal (not the whole box, just that dynaverse server service).

I'll get on the chat channel and let Ternado know I'm going to restart it.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 09:41:13 pm »
Turns out you were both "ghosts". The Forge OP service restarted. You should be good to go now.

Offline Ricardo_RSP

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 10:03:16 pm »
Wow, thanks a lot! Now i can go back on my ship =P

But, there is any advide on how to avoid that again?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 10:11:07 pm »
You're most welcome. No, no real way to avoid it. Long standing issue with SFC... to minimise the chances, avoid using a shared connection where another user on your lan could saturate the connection. It is a relatively rare occurance however and this case may have been due to connection issues serverside since there were two of you ghosted.