Topic: Sci Fi Movies about Ganymede, Jupiter's Moons  (Read 1773 times)

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
Sci Fi Movies about Ganymede, Jupiter's Moons
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:49:48 pm »
The Sol thread got me thinking about solar system movies.  The old noggin remembered some movie about Ganymede.  After refining the search, I came up with Operation: Ganymed:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076502/

Only saw it once, a couple of decades back, so I don't remember much about it.

The only other thing that pulls up immediately is 2010: The Year We Make Contact, Buddy Holly is Alive And Well on Ganymede, Night Caller From Outer Space (Horror), Blood Moon (2008 indy?)...

Outland is set on the moon Io.

Jupiter Moon is a sci fi tv series set on a spacecraft cruising around the Jupiter system.

I think Ganymede gets referenced somewhere in the Japanese movie monster franchise as well.

Babylon 5: Messages From Earth features Ganymede, where Earth Force is digging up some shadow vessel...

What other sci fi dramas/movies are set on the moons of Jupiter?

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Sci Fi Movies about Ganymede, Jupiter's Moons
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:49:09 pm »
Not a movie, per se, but one of the first books, my grandmother got me when I was just a tot, was Tom Swift and the moons of Jupiter.  this is a real brain teaser though, trying to recall fictional movies with the Moons mentioned.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War