Topic: USS Horizon NCC-1010 cruiser.  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
USS Horizon NCC-1010 cruiser.
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:23:12 pm »
This is my SFC 1 model of the USS Horizon NCC-1010, which predates the Archon and Constitution classes of heavy cruiser.

It is inspired by Calon Riel's reference to these ships being upgraded to Constitution heavy cruisers in a book. I wanted a ship that had more in common with the Declaration class and was more cruiser sized than heavy cruiser sized.

The secondary hull is from Atrahasis's Declaration class. Other credits given with the model.

The warp engines are all my own work. I wanted something more earlier and interesting than the TOS PB series engines.

All hardpoints are done.

I've also inclued a text scrap that can be directly copied and pasted into the sfbspc13.txt shiplist file in SFC 1 so its ready to fly straight from the showroom....

So what do you think of this kitbash??
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• SFC4 Dev
  • Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
Re: USS Horizon NCC-1010 cruiser.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:04:54 pm »
Looks pretty cook.  Too bad I cannot rotate to see all of it.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
Re: USS Horizon NCC-1010 cruiser.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:35:52 pm »
Download the RAR file, unpack it and either use Model Viewer (download from Battleclinic) or use the M6 MFCSFCED modelling tool (also found on Battleclinic) or use it in SFC 1 in a game.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!