Topic: Very Early Kzinti Fusion Warp Drive Fleet.  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
Very Early Kzinti Fusion Warp Drive Fleet.
« on: December 13, 2011, 10:09:47 am »
This is one of those projects that I've had in mind for ages, namely creating starships for the various races dating back to their earliest interstellar capabilities.

Here I've attempted to portray the Kzinti Fusion Warp drive fleet of the Terran 20th century or SFC year -260.

The starships feature a large Fusion powerplant and Deutronium tanks which directly feed plasma to Warp coils in the attached Warp Engine. Sublight propulsion is by exhaust plasma, Helium and Photons. At sublight velocities, by using the Warp Drive to produce a Subspace field around the vessel its apparent mass is decreased in relation to the rest of the universe and the rules of relativity can be bent a little. This allows all the ship portrayed here to achieve just over 1/3rd of light speed using the Fusion engine for sublight propulsion.

Maximum Warp speed attainable is around Warp 2 (8c).

Hostilities with the Lyrans has only just started but will continue for centuries. The occasional Klingon raider is encountered at the outer reaches of the expanding Kzinti territory but these are primitive small Fusion Warp powered craft and not considered as much of a threat, more of a nuisance. 

Phaser technology hasn't been aquired yet by the Kzinti but Particle Beam Cannon technology has evolved into short ranged Disrupters. The principle weapon of choice is the missile. These ships carry between 4 to 8 launching tubes, depending on role. These have proven more than adequate at dealing with enemies both foreign and domestic.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:06:37 pm by Panzergranate »
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
Re: Very Early Kzinti Fusion Warp Drive Fleet.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 01:05:49 pm »
Nice ;D good work man