Topic: =/\= secret last ditch effort to save the shuttle, jupiter eating it's own core?  (Read 6246 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
so it was revealed that there was at least one effort to save the space shuttle program before it closed down forever. i have no idea why this was never revealed to the public other than most people would have most likely supported it. this last ditch effort would have had the shuttle flying again as early as 2014. what was the deal? backers wanted to make the shuttle a commercial vehicle!
read here: http://mashable.com/2011/12/19/effort-to-save-space-shuttle/
and here: http://www.marylynnedittmar.com/?p=1303

i also read an eerie article today that states that jupiter may be dissolving it's own core! calculations done using the materials of the core and the atmosphere combined with the pressures associated with it's core, shows that the core should be slowly dissolving. creepy in a way.
read here: http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2011/12/is-jupiter-eating-its-own-heart.html?ref=hp
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
That's the most idiotic piece of tripe ever.  The Space Shuttle would never have been viable as a commercial vehicle.  Let me put things into perspective for you.  After each shuttle mission they have to recover and refurbish the SRBs, and manually inspect the orbiter's tiles (a task which hadn't been envisioned before the first shuttle mission which drastically increased the shuttle's operating costs).  In addition, unless they can get two shuttles ready at the same time they have to use the lithium aluminum alloy fuel tank which is exceptionally expensive, but necessary for ISS rendezvous.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
That's the most idiotic piece of tripe ever.  The Space Shuttle would never have been viable as a commercial vehicle.  Let me put things into perspective for you.  After each shuttle mission they have to recover and refurbish the SRBs, and manually inspect the orbiter's tiles (a task which hadn't been envisioned before the first shuttle mission which drastically increased the shuttle's operating costs).  In addition, unless they can get two shuttles ready at the same time they have to use the lithium aluminum alloy fuel tank which is exceptionally expensive, but necessary for ISS rendezvous.

If its NOT taxpayer funding and those would purchace the shuttles at todays costs. Hell go for it but we all know its not that easy. Russia is killing the ISS anyway why US the taxpayer pay anything at this point? Space is just a dream for those few$. We still dont have our low cost for every american jetpacks as promised in 1964 worlds fair!

Jupiter thing makes me wonder is it a new black hole? Or is Jupiter the other sideend result of one ?  I would love to see the truth.
Time for life!

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
well there is no way that jupiter could produce a black hole. the smallest black hole can be formed from a star 3x the size of our own sun. jupiter is far to small. in fact jupiter is considered to be a failed star by many scientists.

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
well there is no way that jupiter could produce a black hole. the smallest black hole can be formed from a star 3x the size of our own sun. jupiter is far to small. in fact jupiter is considered to be a failed star by many scientists.
What about the reverse?  Say jupiter and the sun was the end result of a black hole?  Twin blue stars at the time Sol was 5 times larger or smaller who knows. The stars sucked into a black hole . Mass /energy moved like one idea states. The sun pops out smaller than it is now.  Black energy mass emerges with the twins .
End result jupiter massive star but the gravity smashes it with the Black energy , Boom now there are 3 Gas same as jupiter but farther in orbit. That crash creates the astroid belt  and the solarsystem end result created life on earth?  ;D  Call it G day. :angel:   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:42:37 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
if we had a second star that went black hole, everything in this solar system would be gone. sorry to burst your bubble. it's a novel theory, but it wouldn't happen that way.