Topic: The end of SFC For Me ??  (Read 4089 times)

Ravok

The end of SFC For Me ??
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:27:29 am »
 My PC has died at last. and my ability to play sfc online, with it. The end of an era. And the longest time ever, in my life playing series of a game.

I started with 1, and owned all of the games. Im bummed out.

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
Re: The end of SFC For Me ??
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:40:41 am »
Just about any PC can play SFC these days. Probably even the one you made this post with.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:39:08 am »
Computers with the XP/XP64 OS are still out there everywhere, most of them are dirt cheap, too because XP is considered "old".
And there are online sites where you can still order new PCs with XP such as Tiger Direct and New Egg.
Don't give up hope just yet.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:50:01 am »
Isn't XP no longer supported by Microsoft?  I seem to recall that our local recycle center said they can sell an OS once it's no longer supported (that was a while ago, though as I was looking for win2k and it was still supported).  You could probably even work up a dual boot situation (keep your key from the old system), and have the best of both worlds, right?

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 01:55:22 pm »
Oh well, as far as the XP thing goes, we plan to have full Vista /7/8 support for EAW soon.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:13:12 pm »
Isn't XP no longer supported by Microsoft?  I seem to recall that our local recycle center said they can sell an OS once it's no longer supported (that was a while ago, though as I was looking for win2k and it was still supported).  You could probably even work up a dual boot situation (keep your key from the old system), and have the best of both worlds, right?

I still have my XP64 system and it still gets regular updates from Microsoft Update, so...I guess it still is.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 05:23:00 pm »
My PC has died at last. and my ability to play sfc online, with it. The end of an era. And the longest time ever, in my life playing series of a game.

I started with 1, and owned all of the games. Im bummed out.

Mike don't do anything rash buddy. I have two old AMD 939 systems that will run XP , let alone the SFC games. Give me a call, and we can work out some way to get one sent to ya.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 09:04:54 pm »
Oh well, as far as the XP thing goes, we plan to have full Vista /7/8 support for EAW soon.

Shhhhh, I'm suppose to make big reveals like that :P

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 05:17:46 am »
Hey Ravok, I can understand what you mean.  I don't play SFC anymore, but I still drop by here from time to time to check out the art section.  Some of these guys really make some neat designs.  Helps inspire me for star trek ships.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)