Topic: Cleopatra #3  (Read 15176 times)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
Re: Cleopatra #3
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 09:29:07 am »
Good Lord.  What a waste of shuttle fuel.  They coulda just...ah well.;)  Guaranteed privacy if nothing else.

“Did we just whore you out to fight in the ring for engine supplies and yard time?”

Not as bad as the time they had Bornet in a schoolgirl skirt down on 7th Street that time they needed more stem bolts.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 10:08:20 am »
Lol at Larry!

Loved the chapter Andy, lots of little things I liked. The movies,  the short time solution, the way the commanding I officers responded to the return of the shuttle. Nice one mate! Plus extra kudos for boobies!
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline Captain Sharp

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • R. Lee Ermy for Prez, 2016!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 10:29:29 am »
Andy?
"Jayne?"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna tell me why there's a statue of you here lookin' like I owe him something?"

"Wishin' I could, Captain. "

Offline Grim Reaper

• Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 11:31:26 am »
Andy?

Whoops, got mixed up my very very bad!
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

KBF-Frankk

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 06:03:08 pm »
hail¡¡¡¡, very very god history, i loved it, now a uncensored version, please send me at my e-mail  ;D

Offline Captain Sharp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:53 am »

Chapter Six

Captain Sharp stood rigidly still as the last whispers of air reclaimed the hanger bay from the airlessness of space. The faded green light flickered on at the top of the airlock hatch, signaling the bay was safe to enter. The shuttle was already parked on its rack.

The officers accompanying the Captain were all smiles. He hoped they’d have the presence of mind to wipe them off their faces before they came within view of the shuttle’s occupants. As they reached the final steps of the platform leading out to the courier, he saw that they had masked their entertainment.

The Captain, exec and helmsman halted aft of Shuttle Eight and waited till the hatch snapped open. Mister Ford hopped forth when he saw the navigator struggling to make egress with his travel case in hand.

Ford took the black case and stepped out of the way. He was back to grinning. Mister Davenport slid out of the copilot’s seat and met his friend’s eye for a bit while Ford made a quick show of sniffing the air and covering his nose. The smell of sex had already reached Sharp’s position. He felt like flushing, but thankfully didn’t. His color wasn’t dark enough for that to go unnoticed.

“Wasn’t Davenport in the pilot’s position when they—“

“Commander.” He warned the XO. She smiled.

The two ship’s pilots stepped out of the way of the tiny hatch as Ensign Lania slid out of the cockpit. She stood before them all, calm and collected, her color its normal pale with a hint of green. She smoothed out the one-piece leotard as though it were formal attire and strode forth.

She halted before the Captain.

“Permission to come aboard?”

“Granted, Ensign. Your condition?”

“The situation has passed, sir.”

“How soon would you like to return to duty?”

“I would like to rest for the next day, Captain. And may I ask that my cabin remain single occupancy for as long as possible?”

“I see no problems with that, Ensign. We have plenty of berthing space.”

There was ulterior motive in the Vulcan’s eyes, Sharp knew. But her request posed no problem. More privacy for her would certainly be an asset.

“Thank you, Captain.”

“Carry on, Ensign. You will be added to Friday’s duty roster for your normal watch.”

“Aye, aye, sir.”

And she turned and walked primly away. As though nothing odd or unplanned had ever happened to her. Sharp shook his head a bit, refused to meet his exec’s gaze. He looked then to Davenport. The navigator was coming near, Ford at his side, still carrying the case. Ronald had his thermos in hand.

“Gonna take a week to clean—“

The ensign cut his friend off.

“Oh, shut up!”

“Hehehe!” The helmsman’s laugh was guttural and happily sarcastic. There was no way he’d let this go soon. Sharp kind of pitied Davenport, but also envied him the comradery.

At last, the men stood before their captain. Sharp had been dreading any sort of confrontation, and did not know what his navigator’s ultimate reaction was going to be. At face value, he was mostly nonplussed, seemed perhaps uncertain himself. If he had harsh words, though, Jon had decided already that he would suffer them. He deserved whatever he got from his decision.

“Any issues, Navigator?”

Ronald held up his still half-full thermos.

“Ran out of coffee, sir. Took too long of a nap and…had to alter the flight plan.”

“I see… Any other issues.”

Ensign Davenport stared at him without obvious expression for some time. He obviously didn’t know where to go with this conversation. No more than Sharp did himself. Commander Ellyson was having a fierce and losing battle with the grin on her face.

Ronald gave her a glance, then looked back to his captain.

“Not a one, sir.”

Ford chuckled.

Sharp worked to pretend not to notice anyone’s levity. Ronald did as well. Finally, he nodded to his junior officer.

“Very well then, Ensign. Since we’ve already worked the duty roster around you, you may…take tomorrow off as well. Get some rest.”

“Aye, sir!”

“Yeah, looks like you need it!” Ford agreed, clapping his friend on the shoulder as they headed for the turbolifts.

Sharp signaled for the hanger techs to snap to their waiting shuttle and allowed Commander Ellyson to fall into step with him. He headed for the furthest hatch leading into engineering.

“Was that a bite mark on Davenport’s neck?!”

“I was trying not to notice.”

“You did a good job, too.”

He made a noise that was half grunt, half laugh.

“She had one too.”

“What?!”

The Captain triggered the hatch control and looked fully at Susan.

“Commander, we’ve dallied enough here. Best speed for Starbase 12.”

“Aye, sir!”

END

And that is all I've written with the Cleo, as yet. Am glad y'all enjoyed. Next, I'll be posting some stories set about 10 years or so later. I intend to do some more Cleo stuff in the future, but I'm not there yet.

And, sadly Frank, there is, as yet, no unrated version. Just that wee teaser.

--guv
"Jayne?"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna tell me why there's a statue of you here lookin' like I owe him something?"

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 12:40:25 pm »
Loved it.  Sure seems like Lania is planning at least one more...ah... therapy session between now and Starbase 12.  :-X
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Grim Reaper

• Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 01:17:03 am »
LOL, I'll bet he'll volunteer for more of these missions in the future ;) It's a pity this is finished guv, I was liking it immensely. So I guess I'll have to stick around until you're ready then ;)

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2013, 03:15:20 pm »
Great story, Guv. Lamia's very tricky situation is very well handled and perhaps a lot more realistically than 'TOS: Amok Time' -- or should I say, with more grit?
Comments and specific mentions below.

Chapter 3

Just wondering; you're a bit out of sequence with canon, what with no one on the Enterprise knowing what Sharp was apparently able to find out quite easily. I guess this is the influence of 'ST: Enterprise'? I don't really recall the fall-out from whatever happened to T'Pol.

And truthfully, I don’t want to send her out with anyone who would actually volunteer to go.”

Ah, so many of these excellent lines. While the subject is of a more adult nature, this is classic TOS Trek humour. These lines I believe are the genuine essence of Trek's popularity.
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline Scottish Andy

• Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 03:27:39 pm »
Chapter 4

“If the trip takes longer than 48 hours, you’ll allow Miss Lania to awaken and…follow her instructions.”
For some reason, the Jaws theme suddenly popped into my head...  :D

“Are you suggesting a moral dilemma? That I was wrong to send her back to her people so that she could be mated to someone of her species?”
He didn’t know a thing about Vulcan mating rituals, but he didn’t like what he was imagining.
And this too is Classic Trek. Excellent question posed, and I see shades of 'ENT: The Cogenitor' there. Can our merely Human morals still take a stand in the galaxy at large? How would we feel if the Vulcans, Andorians, Caitians, Efrosians, etc. started judging us and calling us on our legacy cultural traits or current social mores and practices?

Hmm. New story idea for me! Thanks. ;)

Offline Scottish Andy

• Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 03:32:56 pm »
Chapter 5

“Did we just whore you out to fight in the ring for engine supplies and yard time?”

“Yes we did, Commander.”

“I love this ship.”

“So do I, Commander. Apparently.”
I love this ship too. :D
Your crew is just as dysfunctional as mine, probably even more so, but in a FAR more fun way. My traitorous mind even supplied "entertaining" instead of "fun" there.

Ron's initial shuttle ride, with Lamia down and out: AWESOME details. Loved all the "I hate boring travel, are we nearly there yet?" gems, like old movies instead of new ones, grounds in the coffee, annoying beeps...
Very nicely done!

Ron's latter shuttle "ride", after she woke up: Shades of Sam Beckett finding himself in yet another tricky new situation. "Oh, boy!" indeed! :)

Very nice piece, and well "handled". :D

Offline Scottish Andy

• Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »
Chapter 6

Everyone's reactions were again very well handled. I loved that no one knew what way to handle it, and it basically passed un-remarked. I also loved that Sharp had steeled himself to endure whatever the junior officer could rightfully throw at him for this assignment. That probably helped him hold his grin in where everyone else was kinda failing there. ;D

Great end to the tale. No point belaboured, a concise and snappy ending.

You really should write more with these people.

Offline Andromeda

• Queen of Amber
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Absolute Destiny!
    • Andromeda's Invasion
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 04:54:01 pm »
Just read it from start to finish.  Bravo!  Sorry that's not scientific nor detailed, but I'm just happy to be back and typing.
this sig was eaten by a grue

Offline Captain Sharp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 09:44:42 pm »
Mucho thanks to you both. To Andy for his many out of the blue comments and to Andromeda for the all-in-one reading. My moods shift like the winds. Some day, I may indeed come back to these guys and the Cleo. I did 6+ stories set a few years after aboard Endeavour (currently being posted), with a few character swaps. Currently...am writing a Sharp-Mirror story, which seems to have broken me from my no-writing quandary.

This story here made me wonder how well it would be received. Am glad it didn't dud.

--guv
"Jayne?"

"Yeah?"