Topic: SFC: OP install issues on Win7  (Read 3335 times)

Offline ttheobald

• Ensign
SFC: OP install issues on Win7
« on: January 03, 2012, 11:48:27 am »
Hello all )

I've just purchased the iso from the store here and tonight tried to install it - as well as patches for my existing SFC EAW that my wife got me for xmas. 

Unfortunately, the installer seems to hang...I get a tiny flash of an installshield loading dialog with a blue progress bar, the mouse cursor goes to "wait" for a few moments, then nothing.  In Task Manager I see the "Setup.exe *32" with a little short of 2.4mb and 0 CPU, and it just sticks there.  In the case of the EAW patch I also see its executable in the list - but no love. 

Anyone know whether I'm doing something wrong, or if there's a known issue?

Thanks!

T

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
Re: SFC: OP install issues on Win7
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »
Hello,

The install is a tad old, so some new programs interfere with it. I have seen Google Chrome do you are describing. I would suggest ending those failed setup.exe's and try again after closing any other running programs. After it's installed life can resume to normal, the game itself does not have this problem.

Strat

Offline ttheobald

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:03:55 pm »
That was it, Chrome is my default browser.  Soon as I shut it off, boom, everything worked.

Thanks a ton )).

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:16:00 pm »
Glad its fixed!

Strat

Offline Tychosdead

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »
Instead of opening up a new thread I thought I I would aske here since I am having a similar problem. I have been trying to install SFC OP from a disk and I am having no luck. I have been running the setup application as the administrator and it looks like the computer is busy for a second then it stops. I don't see anything except the computer's I am busy icon. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 02:55:22 pm »
Instead of opening up a new thread I thought I I would aske here since I am having a similar problem. I have been trying to install SFC OP from a disk and I am having no luck. I have been running the setup application as the administrator and it looks like the computer is busy for a second then it stops. I don't see anything except the computer's I am busy icon. Any help would be appreciated.

SFC2 and SFC OP installation requires administrator access to the registry (really old style way of doing it). It's possible this is related to what's blocking you. Do you have any anti-virus protection running? What OS is this installing onto?

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

Offline Tychosdead

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 05:17:19 pm »
I am running Windows 7 64 bit version. I gave up trying to load it directly from the disk and cheated. I loaded it onto a Win XP computer, patched it, and then copied the resulting directory into my Windows 7 computer. It seems to be working fine so I am happy .

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:35:46 pm »
I am running Windows 7 64 bit version. I gave up trying to load it directly from the disk and cheated. I loaded it onto a Win XP computer, patched it, and then copied the resulting directory into my Windows 7 computer. It seems to be working fine so I am happy .

Excellent. Did you also get the registry keys it may have needed?

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models