Topic: Into Darkness teaser trailer.  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Into Darkness teaser trailer.
« on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:46 am »
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/star-trek-into-darkness/teaser-trailer

Enjoy, or cuss, either way, we aim to serve here at the Dyna.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

intermech

Re: Into Darkness teaser trailer.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 09:57:50 am »
I'm thinkin' that isn't the enterprise crashing at the end. The Warp nacelles are too far apart. Remember in the trailer for the 2009 movie showed the Kelvin blowing up, upside down making it appear to be Enterprise? OK, that's my immediate take.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 10:02:35 am »
Is that supposed to be Christine Chapel, or Elizabeth Dehner?
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 11:09:08 am »
Is that supposed to be Christine Chapel, or Elizabeth Dehner?

As a long shot, how about Carol Marcus? She does look quite a bit like Dr. Dehner/ Sally Kellerman however. :smitten:
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 11:18:53 am »
My first thought was Rand, and then I saw some side by side picks of Sally, and changed my mind to her.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:14:50 pm »
Rand wore Red, support services... now I know that's nothing to go by, since it is a reboot, but the chick is wearing blue in the trailers, sciences. 

And even if it is the Enterprise crashing, it looks like soft crash.  I would think that if it hits hard enough it would snap in half, but the effect looks more like flying through a mountain of dirt.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 08:20:00 pm »
Was it just that one episode that she wore Red in? Oh crap, Here comes the removal of my ST card...

I was thinking of Chapel, and typed Rand. My god the mind is going in my old age.

Stephen

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 10:40:59 pm »
Sirgod, the nice part about losing your mind when you get old is you don't remember. ;)
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 11:48:42 pm »
And I bet when you were young you dreaded the day you were too old to remember anything.

The irony.   :D

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 08:37:22 am »
LOL, man with friends like you all, It's a wonder I haven't lost all my mind. :P

Stephen

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 03:36:39 am »
Saw an Alternate Trailer at the Hobbit this morning.

Chris Pine is wearing the insignia from TMP in one scene towards the end of it.  Interesting...

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 12:58:38 pm »
Was it just that one episode that she wore Red in? Oh crap, Here comes the removal of my ST card...

I was thinking of Chapel, and typed Rand. My god the mind is going in my old age.

Stephen

Uhura wore the command gold for a few early episodes and then switched to red. No changes for chapel or rand.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 07:55:04 am »
A few more trailers have been released, and more TV spots to come as the release date approaches...
Star Trek Into Darkness Official New Look

I'm still not  a fan of JJ-Trek at all and am already tired of the "Cumberbatch is not Khan but he really is" rumors, but yet I know I'm going to be seeing this. Damn you Alice Eve and your seductive ways!

To me, there is still only one true James TIberius Kirk.
STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME -- Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »
I feel your pain, having watched JJ-Trek last night for the first time in 3 years. Hasn't got any better. It's really a collection of scenes of people running from room to room, with lens flare.

On a side note, while watching it, I had a thought - there really haven't been any books based in the new timeline, have there? A couple of "young adult" novels, and the novelization, and the comics. For which I am grateful, but is this an indication of the anticipated audience for JJ Trek? After all, it's hard to put lens flare and steadicam into book form... ;D

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 10:00:50 pm »
Well, the Ferengi were originally intended to be the primary villains in TNG.  But the writers, and actors bungled their introduction so baldy that they weren't viewed as convincing villains.  That said, I think the financial success of the last POS was a fluke, and that this one will end JJ's garbage.

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 12:03:35 am »
I tell you.. when I watch the old TNG or Voyager, or even DS9.. The mindset of writing is totally different than on '05 and again different in '13. The direction on entertainment is general is different, not just in Trek.

I don't think we will ever see the 90' and early '00 type writing and entertainment ever again.

The best we can hope for in SciFi is the universe of JJ and BSG...

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 09:59:34 am »
Strat is right in a more global way too - every generation gets the writing it wants/deserves and it's always evolving. We're not going to see a 90s type show or an 0's type show now;  and that's not necessarily a bad thing, we still see well written stuff now, but we see a lot of crud now too. You're mostly right about new BSG, Captain, at least for the first 3 seasons (the end was a train wreck of ruined expectations and ill-conceived wrap-ups, IMHO), similarly Lost, which was clever and fun and well-written UNTIL THE LAST F&$%^@G 15 MINUTES (sorry, that just slipped out), but those were made in the same years as "Two and a Half Men," so WTF. "Firefly" couldn't find it's audience (but Fox coulda tried harder) but "Bones" does and is still on the air? Audiences are fickle and broadcasters are easily confused by shiny things.

RD Moore said just the other day, how Trek is ultimately best as a TV show instead of these flashy, save-the-world action movies, going back to it's roots as a character-driven morality play. I'd hate to see a JJ-Trek version on TV but what's a hit in theaters doesn't always go on TV; despite the billions $ made, there's no "Transformers" or Nolan "Batman" on TV, so hopefully Paramount will wait and rethink it, let someone else run a TV Trek.

I'm going to predict that "Into Darkness" won't get as popular as the first JJ; it'll make money but "IronMan 3" is right on it's heels, another scifi "Oblivion" hitting a week before... and then someone else will direct the 3rd nuTrek since JJ will be on Star Wars.... it'll play out sorta like the XMen series, and the 3rd one will be the last ST movie for a bit. Or at least I hope

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:19 am »
I'm not particularly fond of the original BSG.  Ron D. Moore's BSG was BSG re-imagined for Star Trek fans.  SR is Star Trek re-imagined for Star Wars fans with ADD who have just guzzled down five red bulls.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 12:49:21 pm »
Maybe that's the secret - I need to be in a chemically-induced state when I see it!

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 04:21:34 am »
Eagerly waiting for this. Want to find out what Cumberbatch' character is about and I want to see the Vengence in action. Trek 11 was just getting started and introducing the new face of the crew... I'm eager for a visual adventure with this cast without interference from the primary universe.