Topic: I miss J'inn.  (Read 7705 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
I miss J'inn.
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:53:45 am »
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
Re: I miss J'inn.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:38:17 pm »
One of the funniest reads in history, he has an amazing skill with funny writing.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »
He was just great all around. We have had, and still do some great writers here. The funniest part, was all of that was happening live on the boards, and I bet we had 200 people just waiting around hitting refresh back then.

Last I heard he was playing Eve Online, But I lost touch with him awhile back.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:09:05 pm »
About 2 years ago I was in his Corp in EVE. He spent a decent amount of time on there. But that was 2 years ago.

He is a very friendly guy. Helped me out a lot when I played.

Offline Max Power

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Old School Hydran/Green Menace Leader
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 11:38:05 pm »
You all missed the story he did about Fluf having a compulsion to put up POS everywhere. Or after killing a titan him complaining that he forgot to fit a salvager on his dreadnaught. Definitely one and only :)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 01:19:25 am »
LOL, I did miss that Max. I tell ya he had a way with words. His exploits where one of the Joys of being with this community back then.

Stephen

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 12:14:29 pm »
If you miss J'inn you definitely need to spend more time at the target range. 

Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 03:40:44 pm »
LOL, or at the mall.

Stephen

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 04:04:51 pm »
I think J'inn should return now, asteroids no longer being an endangered species.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 06:05:11 pm »
I would think he is still photon shy though.  ;D
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »
I was one of those refresh-mashers back in the day!  I had J'inn in my MSN messenger, but there are a couple issues with access.  1. I haven't launched MSN since 2007 and 2. Microsoft killed Messenger this summer.  Oh well.

Tell ya what, though...  Chuut, Kroma and Hexx wrote some pretty good RP threads too. 
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline KBF-WillWeasel

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • beware the crap
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 05:38:49 pm »
The eve community never appreciated J'inn's anecdotes like we did here.

I last spoke with him in Eve about 2-3 weeks ago.
Somewhere north of the Azores.
KBF always

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 06:18:18 pm »
So who is going to tell J'inn that in the update all asteroids are just visual and you can just fly right through them without damage.  It might get him back -  briefly.   :angel:
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »
Well here is a pic in honor of J'inn
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »
and...
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 10:12:11 pm »
Say Will, if you see him again on Eve, can you have him stop by, just to say hi to his groupies. Oh and Me I suppose.

Stephen

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 11:56:32 am »
I sent him this link on Facebook, maybe he'll get bored enough to reply if he has a slow day chasing ambulances.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 03:43:19 pm »
Oh shoot Diehard, PM me your face book stuff man. I have quite a few of us on there, but I didn't know you had a page also bro.

Stephen

Offline Sten

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 10:57:57 am »
I remember one server my then 10 (now 22) year old daughter was in a battle with Jinn in an Asteroid field. The entire time Jinn was typing I know you its you Sten. Don't give me that it's your daughter playing I know its you. He tractored my daughter's ship and tried to shove her into an asteroid field. She simply asked me what should I do. My reply was sweetie your ship is bigger than his, tractor him  and shove him into an asteroid.

Oh the cries of an exploding Jinn. By far one of my best memories and a bygone era.

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 12:54:17 am »
I also have a Facebook page. Search for in Facebook Cayne G and you will find me.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!