Topic: Screenshots?  (Read 26374 times)

Offline Gook

• Catbert
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Screenshots?
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2013, 02:37:40 pm »
The game wasn't without its problems other than the technical ones. We had the "Rotting Fur" incident whereby a Hydran had a Lyran account and defaulted Patrol missions to lower DVs. When Admiral Kang discovered it, we had a debate and the Klinks ran a line to the area in question and reneutralised it, so in the SW of the map you can see a line from Klink space above Hydran and below Lyran.

People flew what they wanted and what they could afford.

Ship and fighter lists were standard. Games with more than 3 people were very problematic and someone was always likely to drop out. At that time they were genuine drops and not AltF4s.

There was genuine espionage and realpolitik. The Feds were negotiating with the ISC and Kzin while plotting their destruction, but their security was not good so a Rommie stole their discussions, sold to the ISC who used in diplomacy with the Kzin, below is the thread from the Fed boards on the rising threat of the Kzin. It was posted by the the Patriach of the Kzin on our MaxTorp boards on D2net.

Navigation Menu  Main Page Battle Match SFC Forums Forum membership signup Forum Login Comm Info D2 FAQ Movies SFC Scripts Useful Downloads Links Legal Stuff 
Starbase D2 Main page D2 Server FAQ Tutorials on hosting

StarFleet Comms

"I need as many of you on saterday moring as possable."

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)   
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences  ArticFire's Forums  Mirak Plots (Private) 
Original message

Brezgonne

72 posts
 "I need as many of you on saterday moring as possable."
06-07-01, 08:09 AM (GMT) 

Preferably on the federatiuon front(s).
short version. They want to attack the Kzinti and ISC when there is no human oppisition to face them. They have no intention of following ANY agreements.

Long version:

next post.

Brezgonne

---------------------------------

Information is the key to victory.

Alert  Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents 

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID   
 RE: I need as many of you on saterd... Fantric 06-07-01 1
   feel free to start beating on the F... Brezgonne 06-07-01 3
 Very Long version. Brezgonne 06-07-01 2
   RE: Very Long version. hades_69 06-07-01 4
       RE: Very Long version. Brezgonne 06-07-01 5
           RE: Very Long version. M Ress 06-07-01 6
               RE: Very Long version. Brezgonne 06-07-01 7
                   RE: Very Long version. Fur_ocious 06-07-01 8
                       RE: Very Long version. M Ress 06-07-01 9
                           RE: Very Long version. Brezgonne 06-07-01 11
 RE: I need as many of you on saterd... Fur_ocious 06-07-01 10
 here is the Feds most current attac... Brezgonne 06-07-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic 

Messages in this topic 

Fantric

28 posts
 1. "RE: I need as many of you on saterday moring as possable."
06-07-01, 08:13 AM (GMT) 

Dang!
I have to work saturday morning!
I go in at 6:30am till 5:30 pm. So I guess that kinda' leaves me out of all the fun 'n games
You guys have fun and Fight the Good Fight!
Fantric

Remove | Alert  Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Brezgonne

72 posts
 3. "feel free to start beating on the Feds"
06-07-01, 08:35 AM (GMT) 

LAST EDITED ON 06-07-01 AT 08:47 AM (GMT)
Their tactics are dishonorable in the extreme.

I have ceased caring if you attack them or not.

anyone on the Lyran front or off taking neutral hexes, please come help in either the northern corridor or directly on the Fed front.

No mercy

Brezgonne

Brezgonne

72 posts
 2. "Very Long version."
06-07-01, 08:16 AM (GMT) 

I can begin send you Intel from the Feds if you agree not to reveal your source. Interested? Here is some to show our good faith

~Knightmare~
ISC Ambassador

Mirak
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mu
Grunt
Member # 25
posted June 30, 2001 03:34 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, many of us don't see the Mirak as a real threat. I hope this will change your minds. The Mirak have been attacking the Lyran home sectors all night long, and the Lyrans, screwed by lack of numbers and the screwy diplomacy settings, have given up, it seems. At any given time there are from 0 to 1 Lyrans on. Before long, the Mirak will have taken the Lyran homeworld and will have a clear line of supply back to their own space. Never mind the fact that the Lyrans should be able to utterly own the Mirak on a ship for ship basis, there are simply no Lyran players.
The victory conditions for this game are to either capture 2 homeworlds with a clear line of supply back to your own, or 6000 economy. Once the Mirak get the Lyran home (just a matter of time now), they will be halfway there. After this, they can either charge into Fed space and get to our own homeworld, which isn't too far off, or possibly attack the Hydrans (I forget whom the Mirak are allied to in Artic) for the win. They have constantly been encroaching on Fed turf, so it looks like they may be going for the Feds to seal the victory for them.
It is not acceptable to lose to the Mirak of all races. They don't even have fast drones! Mirak ships themselves are not too intimidating, but the fact that every decent pilot of theirs is fielding either a heavy carrier or 3 MDC+ light cruisers in tandem means that we can't really just hunt and peck away at the front with whomever happens to be free at the moment.

Recommend immediate attack vs. the Mirak front on our north. The sooner the better, as it may push the Mirak away from the Lyrans long enough for one of them to wake up and start to cut their line there. We are doing well in our eternal holding action vs. the other races and expanding fast, but I'll bet you that unless checked, the Mirak will be able to grab 2 homeworlds before we get 6000 economy.

We cannot possibly win by doing nothing but holding actions and pushing people halfway home and leaving them there. The Mirak have the right idea, and are going for the throat. Please don't let them.

< June 30, 2001: Message edited by: Mu >

| IP: Logged

NCOStalker
Grunt
Member # 62
posted June 30, 2001 07:02 AM
Report from USS Antecessor
Mirak Frontier
Stardate 2275.28
At login the hex adjacent to planet 63,31 was in mirak hands, and def value of the planet droped by 5 points.

The hex was liberate and, like reprisal, two more miraks hexes was taken.

If mirak activity continue, I suggest attack the mirak starbase at 60,30 (Operation Retaliation), although this mean the rupture of hostilities with miraks.

Bean
Grunt
Member # 7
posted June 30, 2001 07:42 AM
I agree with Mu... The situation on the Mirak/Lyran front is bad, The Lyran simply have no way to defend themselves the 1-2 on cannot fight back simply get drafted while the superior numbers of the Mirak conduct missions right underneath them. I salute the Lyran for there efforts thus far, but they can't hold out much longer. The Mirak are stealthing there way to victory hoping no one will notice, are we giving them the Lyrans so they don't attack us, correction we don't kick them in the rear?
-Bean Pitiful CVA pilot with NEC wingman who flies in circles

pneumonic81
Flag Officer
Member # 67
posted June 30, 2001 08:42 AM
the Galactica is on her way to the mirak front now

Captain Feddie
Grunt
Member # 29
posted June 30, 2001 09:12 AM
I agree it is serious. So if more Feds are coming to help, I will head back that way and join up. Let's get 'em!
--------------------

Captain Feddie
USS FFE+ Stretch Armstrong
UFP - Alpha Expeditionary Force

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted June 30, 2001 12:36 PM
whats the story on the isc front? have we retaken our space there as well?
--------------------

-slug

Kel Riever
Grunt
Member # 65
posted June 30, 2001 01:41 PM
I agree with the seriousness of the situation, but I would care to mention a coordinated actions seems best. We do not want an inordinate influx of captains to the Mirak front. Perhaps Pneumonic and Nanoslug can use the fleet roster and post assignemts so we can deal with the threat properly. Perhaps the Klingons would be interested in stopping the Mirak as well...

I have a little more I can send.

~Knightmare~

More Mirak
pneumonic81
Flag Officer
Member # 67
posted July 02, 2001 08:29 AM
i am in 73,12 where i just took a mirak star base
they shoudl not have bases this far. it is a breach of treaty BIG TIME!!!

in addition i took a mirak hex and a planet. im told JEFE is the one repsonsible. i think its time for the northern fleet to turn up the heat alittle

U-21Kilroy
Commanding Officer
Member # 26
posted July 02, 2001 09:28 AM
Can we afford the ships to turn up the heat in the north with the greatly increased Klingon activity. Right now the Klinks are by far our greatest threat!
--------------------

USS Tundra
UFP

pneumonic81
Flag Officer
Member # 67
posted July 02, 2001 09:31 AM
well its nto a prob really. i cvan hold off jefe and his mirak in my area...
just want everyrone to look at the map inthe north. dont let the mirak sneek up on us.

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted July 02, 2001 10:50 AM
just be careful.. imo.. our best solution is to keep the gorn coming south.. and creating a buffer.. i hope the klingons can concentrate the attention else were.. fighting a 4 front war is not good.. but thats why we are expanding! gj X-TFs
--------------------

-slug

ROOK
Grunt
Member # 54
posted July 02, 2001 10:58 AM
The Pride of Maui (CLC) is currently enroute to the north ... so add one to the northern fleet roles.
Looking forward to (hopefully) flying at your wing P81 in the near future.

If possible please indicate your hex location.

Aloha,

ROOK

pneumonic81
Flag Officer
Member # 67
posted July 02, 2001 01:58 PM
im am in the 73,12 area
hurry man, i need your help as soon as possible. the 2 of us shoudl be able to clean up the mirak asap.

----- Original Message -----
To: Garrett Bonham
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: Intel from the Fed board.

Intresting. I'm guessing I don;t want to know how yo got that

got more?
To: brezgonne@newmail.net
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 10:19 PM
Subject: Intel from the Fed board.

I can begin send you Intel from the Feds if you agree not to reveal your source. Interested? Here is some to show our good faith

~Knightmare~
ISC Ambassador

Mirak
Mu
Grunt
Member # 25
posted June 30, 2001 03:34 AM
Okay, many of us don't see the Mirak as a real threat. I hope this will change your minds. The Mirak have been attacking the Lyran home sectors all night long, and the Lyrans, screwed by lack of numbers and the screwy diplomacy settings, have given up, it seems. At any given time there are from 0 to 1 Lyrans on. Before long, the Mirak will have taken the Lyran homeworld and will have a clear line of supply back to their own space. Never mind the fact that the Lyrans should be able to utterly own the Mirak on a ship for ship basis, there are simply no Lyran players.
The victory conditions for this game are to either capture 2 homeworlds with a clear line of supply back to your own, or 6000 economy. Once the Mirak get the Lyran home (just a matter of time now), they will be halfway there. After this, they can either charge into Fed space and get to our own homeworld, which isn't too far off, or possibly attack the Hydrans (I forget whom the Mirak are allied to in Artic) for the win. They have constantly been encroaching on Fed turf, so it looks like they may be going for the Feds to seal the victory for them.

It is not acceptable to lose to the Mirak of all races. They don't even have fast drones! Mirak ships themselves are not too intimidating, but the fact that every decent pilot of theirs is fielding either a heavy carrier or 3 MDC+ light cruisers in tandem means that we can't really just hunt and peck away at the front with whomever happens to be free at the moment.

Recommend immediate attack vs. the Mirak front on our north. The sooner the better, as it may push the Mirak away from the Lyrans long enough for one of them to wake up and start to cut their line there. We are doing well in our eternal holding action vs. the other races and expanding fast, but I'll bet you that unless checked, the Mirak will be able to grab 2 homeworlds before we get 6000 economy.

We cannot possibly win by doing nothing but holding actions and pushing people halfway home and leaving them there. The Mirak have the right idea, and are going for the throat. Please don't let them.

< June 30, 2001: Message edited by: Mu >

NCOStalker
Grunt
Member # 62
posted June 30, 2001 07:02 AM
Report from USS Antecessor
Mirak Frontier
Stardate 2275.28
At login the hex adjacent to planet 63,31 was in mirak hands, and def value of the planet droped by 5 points.

The hex was liberate and, like reprisal, two more miraks hexes was taken.

If mirak activity continue, I suggest attack the mirak starbase at 60,30 (Operation Retaliation), although this mean the rupture of hostilities with miraks.

Bean
Grunt
Member # 7
posted June 30, 2001 07:42 AM
I agree with Mu... The situation on the Mirak/Lyran front is bad, The Lyran simply have no way to defend themselves the 1-2 on cannot fight back simply get drafted while the superior numbers of the Mirak conduct missions right underneath them. I salute the Lyran for there efforts thus far, but they can't hold out much longer. The Mirak are stealthing there way to victory hoping no one will notice, are we giving them the Lyrans so they don't attack us, correction we don't kick them in the rear?
-Bean Pitiful CVA pilot with NEC wingman who flies in circles

pneumonic81
Flag Officer
Member # 67
posted June 30, 2001 08:42 AM
the Galactica is on her way to the mirak front now

Captain Feddie
Grunt
Member # 29
posted June 30, 2001 09:12 AM
I agree it is serious. So if more Feds are coming to help, I will head back that way and join up. Let's get 'em!
--------------------

Captain Feddie
USS FFE+ Stretch Armstrong
UFP - Alpha Expeditionary Force

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted June 30, 2001 12:36 PM
whats the story on the isc front? have we retaken our space there as well?
--------------------

-slug

Kel Riever
Grunt
Member # 65
posted June 30, 2001 01:41 PM
I agree with the seriousness of the situation, but I would care to mention a coordinated actions seems best. We do not want an inordinate influx of captains to the Mirak front. Perhaps Pneumonic and Nanoslug can use the fleet roster and post assignemts so we can deal with the threat properly. Perhaps the Klingons would be interested in stopping the Mirak as well...

More Intel........

==============================================

I would be careful of any proposals by the feds. Dizzy is not as far outside
the chain of command as he and the rest lead everybody to believe on the
taldren forum. Most of the fed council don't want a ceasefire with you.
They hate our 2 races because we started beating on them early on. They have
given dizzy permission to offically propose one, but they plan on breaking it
as soon as they get the upper hand on the miraks. Here are a few commiques I
recieved from my operatives in the feds.

Jimbo
Grunt
Member # 4
posted July 05, 2001 01:33 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
I say we make an agreement with teh ISC, then stab em in the back when we are
good and ready.
This aint historical, but neither is this campaign.

Time is of the essence. I say lets get a nice treaty with the ISC, then break
it in extreme fashion.

The fry us up some frog legs.

U47Wolfman
Grunt
Member # 61
posted July 05, 2001 01:51 PM

--
Thats what I've been suggesting... Do the Mirak now... Then gig the frogs!

---------------------------------------

Jimbo
Grunt
Member # 4
posted July 05, 2001 01:18 PM

--
You will never take th elyrans and hold supply. Its too damn far.
Look the mirak plan is sound.

But I think what should be done, is as soon as the attack on teh mirak
homeworld appears imminent. We go straight for teh ISC homeworld.

Cease fire or no.

Here is the deal fellas. We make a cease fire or whatever with the isc. We
give back teh blusestuff on their home ground,

BUT we demand a few hexes back and a neutral zone, anything that inches us
closer to the ISC.

Then when teh mirak homeworld falls we pounce on the ISC. WHY?

They are closer to us.

Its a shorter path of supply.

We can guard it and respond to a counter attack.

We get all the eay up in lyran space and teh roms and klinks will go after
earth with all they got.

No disrespect Dizzy, but I dont know ya just yet. Getting us all up in Lyran
space, with no way in hell of holding a supply line from klink raiders is
well whacko IMHO.

Mirak yes, Lyran no way. If we go after the isc, we can still watch the
rommies. The invaders of mirak space can mosey south and watch the klinks.

Plus killing teh ISC big mouths would be oh so sweet. Also, taking out teh
mirak and lyrans which are both underpopped races would look cheesy.

No one wants to play this long only to have a victory no one can respect.

--

U47Wolfman
Grunt
Member # 61
posted July 05, 2001 08:48 AM

--
Keep the ISC talking treaty so they will relax. Take the Mirak First. Then...
Stomp thier little Froggy butts. With as many Captains as we have... We could
keep thier warships busy while the rest flip hexs...
Still... just a thought. Or, we could go for an easier win and do the
Lyrans...
--------------------

This is just a couple of intercepts that I have recieved. Don't trust the
feds. If you agree to a ceasefire then watch them closely general concensus
is to backstab the ISC. If you want to take the treaty to work on your
economy then I will give you as much heads up as I can to any fed build up
for invasion into your space or other such treachery.

Commander Firehawk

More from our sources............

The Federation will not be signing any treaties, I think.

It seems they plan to attak both us and the Mirak at the same time, starting this Saturday morning at 8am EST. This is timed exactly so that they will face very little, if any human opposition. I need for all ISC captains to report bright and early Saturday morning, becasue we will be very busy.

I will be getting in touch with the Roms, Kllingons, Mirak, and what's left of the Lyrans as soon as I can to try to arrange help for us and the Mirak.

Atvar, continue your talks with the Feds. Stand firm on them leaving the hinter-lands, but seem to be flexible on other things. We must let them believe we do not expect this attack that is coming.

Corbomite, please step up your efforts with the Gorn. We must know by tomorrow night what they are going to do. Do not let them know we expect an attack from the Feds, but try very hard to get them to agree not to attack us.

With the help of the Romulans and Klingons, we may be able to repulse the Feds, maybe even push them back. But, it will require all of us to be there, flying and fighting better than we ever have before. The Feds cannot be allowed to connect a supply line to both our home world and the Mirak's.

Here's the intel I made these conclusions from:

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted July 05, 2001 10:36 PM
here is the short, sweet and to the point summary.. map will be produced tommorrow..
1af will now be moving to the isc front..

Wolfpack will be covering flanks/ support mode to 1af

3rd, 9th and ixf gaurd southern borders and re-enforces hexes..

all other remaining forces drive to mirak homeworld.. the commanding officers are p81, dizzy, rook and mu (mu's brigade)..

if you are in an expeditionary fleet.. please report in who you want to be under.. here are the discriptions:

p81, dizzy and rook.. drive hard and flank homeworld..

mu's brigade.. supply line establishment and cut.

we also need 2 pilots to volunteer for beta expeditionary force..to keep "simulating" and advance to the lyran homeworld.

"IGNITION POINT" is 8 am THIS SATURDAY. until then.. continue probing and building up our hexes internally for a counter offensive by the rommies and klinks.

--------------------

-slug

Mu
Grunt
Member # 25
posted July 05, 2001 11:01 PM
8am saturday, like as in EST? 7 CST?
I look away for like 2 minutes and suddenly I'm a fleet commander AND I have to wake up in the morning. 

Seriously, the start time is good for surprise factor, but as of now the available pilots for the swap fox are uh me, bean, zippy, and maybe valas, and I happen to know that me, bean and valas aren't really good with mornings.  Shad's connection is unreliable, and Kel is out of town. If anyone else wants to help us out on this operation please do so.

Summary of mission requirements: deep space operation with seldom if any resupply, Mirak-capable tactics and ships (read AMD), roger wilco and the ability to deal with a chatty channel where we all abuse each other a lot, and an ability to get up in the morning (zzz). Email musashi@ranter.net to contact your ersatz and grumpy commander.

Paperboy2000
Grunt
Member # 69
posted July 05, 2001 11:39 PM
For this mission and any other, always consider me part of P81's force. I don't know how much time I'll have to play this weekend, but I'll try to do my part. Anything I can do tomorrow in the daytime?
Assuming the @$#%&!!! server is up and running at all, that is...

Mu
Grunt
Member # 25
posted July 06, 2001 12:16 AM
Possible problem with the supply cut: Whenever you manage to get onto Artic, take a look at the supply line. The Mirak have been very smart about it, and the point near Shad's outpost is HUGE, a giant double line with about 10 hexes of neutral between them. Impossible to cut. The only vulnerable point on this line is way the hell out on the border of Lyran space, and establishing a base planet there is SURE to get attention.
The beta exp force may be better served joining whomever is going to be assaulting the umpteen million bases Brez placed on our border instead of trucking way the hell out across the map to get to the one vulnerable point in the supply chain. Taking the bases is a massive job, would upset Brez, would give us resupply and defense against possible retaliation, and would actually be feasable to do. Ideas?

To: <RomulanD2@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <kintar@optonline.net>; <rnolan@austin.rr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 1:36 PM
Subject: The feds are going on the offensive

> Fellow romulans the feds are going on the offensive. I am sending this to
> the klingons and ISC also. Kintar you might want to forward this to the
> Lyrans and Mirak also.
>
> To give you a quick summary of thier plan. They plan on fighing a holding
> aciton against us the klingons and isc. They plan on driving into mirak
> space and lyran space taking both of their homeworlds there by winning the
> campaign. Here is the plan as described by nannerslug and the map is
> attached to this email.
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
>
> ------------------------------
> this is both what i understand everyone is wanting to do.. and how i think
we
> should do it..
> beta exp force.. pushes straight to lyran front, picking up valuable
planets
> for supply in process..
>
> alpha exp force.. flank mirak on right sides.. somehow we need to
encourage
> the gorn to work with them.. that would be unbeatable. gorn AND feds..
>
> charile exp, 1af and some of wolf pack.. you guys are the heart and stake
of
> the attack.. drive deep, drive hard.. HOOYA!
>
> from that point, the rest of the fleets try to hold the other races back..
> focusing on retaking supply points.. dont tell me this is impossible..
last
> night the roms drove straight to 2 of our vital supply points. i see no
> reason why we cant do the same.. of course.. we dont let them know we are
> going to let up.. but we set our priorities to not agravating them more
than
> we have to..
>
> hope this seems like a good plan.. comments?
>
> Nannerslug
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
>
> ----------------------------------------
> One minor note, the beta exp force may drive to the lyran southern duchy
and
> the klingon trail to it instead of the main lyran colony since it is
closer
> hoping to split the small lyran fleet and divert some klingons from the
fed
> border.
> I might even beable to get you fleet compositions if you guys need them.
If
> there is any further intel you need ask and I will see what I can dig up.
>
> Commander Firehawk
> Romulan Star Empire
>

Brezgonne

hades_69

31 posts
 4. "RE: Very Long version."
06-07-01, 03:09 PM (GMT) 

By all means lets take it to the Feds! But if we are to win this we need to do it this weekend, by taking the Gorn homeworld and finishing off the Lyrans!!
Provided that ArticFires server is up, i've already lost about 10 hours of play time between this morning and yesterday. Figures that Artic would go back up at my bed time and be back off when i get up! DAMN!

In the long run we will never be able to hold against the Fed for much more than a week or so. They have too many players and those damn ADD's smacking our slow drones, maybe if we had med drones we could do it.

IMHO I say protect the northern Gorn arm take the Gorn homeworld. and leave someone on the Lyran front attacking their homeworld last I checked it was down to 214 def.

Well thats the way I see things.

BTW I'll get up early on saturday, i'm in central time so i'll get up about 6am cst/7am est. although i'm tired of getting up early only to find that the server was down half the time!

Well guys if we can't pull this off it's been a pleasure fighting at your sides!! But if we do pull this off i can imagine all of the Fed whining posts we'll be reading on the board. HEHE!!

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!

Hades_69
MDC+ Dire Wolf 6

Brezgonne

72 posts
 5. "RE: Very Long version."
06-07-01, 03:45 PM (GMT) 

LAST EDITED ON 06-07-01 AT 03:53 PM (GMT)
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-01 AT 03:52 PM (GMT)

By all means start taking out the Federation postions.
As of the last time I saw it the northern arm was intact and growing south. The two bases the Federation had captured had been taken back and we (Flaming Dragon and I) were headed south.

When the server comes back up I should have another base. where should I put it?

If you do not want to engage or you have connection problems with people if you would be so kind as to deploy a base on the planets we have and in the 100 defense rating hexes It would be helpful.

No Mercy

Brezgonne
??-1 Doppelganger (Changes every hour or so depending on if I get blown up in the base setup missions)

M Ress

23 posts
 6. "RE: Very Long version."
06-07-01, 04:36 PM (GMT) 

Brez,
This post from the Intel about the Feds is something "some of us" wanted to see.

Please, (I'm saying this urgently, My understanding of the Fed time line is that it is very short!) do something right now...

READ YOUR E-MAIL

and you will understand.

Brezgonne

72 posts
 7. "RE: Very Long version."
06-07-01, 04:51 PM (GMT) 

I belive I do no see what you are refering to.
You guys wanted me to keep you up to date on what I knew. Are you comlplaining abour Knightmare sending me the information?

Brezgonne

Fur_ocious

17 posts
 8. "RE: Very Long version."
06-07-01, 05:07 PM (GMT) 

Complaining? No, not at all. On the contrary the more informed the better. 
The referance that M Ress is making is an email I sent you last night. We wanted you to see it first before posting it here because we did not want to start a debate over a proposition that may be dead before it even starts. Also, as the administator of the Mirak board we do not know if any non Mirak have been invited to look in on our discussions from time to time. We most certainly do not want non Mirak to get the wrong impression as we plan. 

The bottom line is that we wanted you, as our leader, to see what we propose before announcing it on the board for open and hopefully quick debate.

Respectively and sincerely
Fur-ocious

M Ress

23 posts
 9. "RE: Very Long version."
06-07-01, 05:11 PM (GMT) 

Thank you Fur, you said it better than I could.
In fact Brez, what you posted SUPPORTS what you are about to read.

Please let us know what you think.

Brezgonne

72 posts
 11. "RE: Very Long version."
06-07-01, 07:38 PM (GMT) 

No, to my knowlage noone has access to this board aside from the board owner and Artic.
Read the email. The Klingons and roms at the very least are are planing on hitting the feds hard as soon as the server comes up. I belive the ISC are dong the same.

Yes, we have a treaty with the Lyrans. No, I currently have no intentino of breaking it.

Brezgonne

Fur_ocious

17 posts
 10. "RE: I need as many of you on saterday moring as possable."
06-07-01, 07:28 PM (GMT) 

Bump
Just so you will notice Brez ;)

Fur-ocious

Brezgonne

72 posts
 12. "here is the Feds most current attack plan map."
06-07-01, 07:52 PM (GMT) 

here is the Feds most current attack plan map.

Brezgonne

Lock | Archive | Remove

Rate this topic (1=skip it, 10=must read)? [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 ] 
  Select another forumLobbyFleet , Campaign & Server Forums (Conference)  |--Starfleet Command: The Next Generation (Protected)  |--Server News. Updated often ;-) (Protected)  |--D2 General (Protected)  |--The TNG Dynaverse (Protected)StarFleet Command II: Orion Pirates (Conference)  |--Orion (Protected)  |--Crimson Shadow (House of Korgoth) (Protected)  |--Camboro (Protected)  |--Prime Industries (Protected)  |--Tiger Heart (Protected)  |--Beast Raiders (Protected)  |--The Syndicate (Protected)  |--Wyldefire Compact (Protected)ArticFire's Forums (Conference)  |--General Discussion (Protected)  |--D2 Mods (Protected)  |--D2 Map Makers (Protected)  |--D2 Mission Scripters (Protected)  |--Server Admin Discussion Area (Protected)  |--ArticFire's D2 Server (Protected)  |--Mirak Plots (Private)Klinzhai Server (Conference)  |--General Klinzhai Forum (Protected) 

Powered by DCForum V6.0 ©1997-2000 by DCScripts. All rights reserved.
Contact admin@starfleetcomms.com for your free forum.

KAT-Gook, OBS,OoW,MTA,SoK.
KAT-Fleet
Kzinti Hegemony

The God of War hates those who hesitate
.....Eurypides

Offline Gook

• Catbert
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Screenshots?
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2013, 02:45:38 pm »
This is the same thread continued.

Navigation Menu  Main Page Battle Match SFC Forums Forum membership signup Forum Login Comm Info D2 FAQ Movies SFC Scripts Useful Downloads Links Legal Stuff 
Starbase D2 Main page D2 Server FAQ Tutorials on hosting

StarFleet Comms

"Latest WHISKERS intel report"

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)   
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences  ArticFire's Forums  Mirak Plots (Private) 
Original message

Brezgonne

79 posts
 "Latest WHISKERS intel report"
06-07-01, 10:21 PM (GMT) 

Author Topic: Attack MAP INSIDE!!
NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted July 06, 2001 01:29 PM
please comment.. this is based on what we discussed.. it, of course, can be changed upon what everyone wants to do!

--------------------

-slug

ROOK
Commanding Officer
Member # 54
posted July 06, 2001 01:38 PM
Nanner,
Thanks for the map .. good work ..

Have to take exception with the tasking ...

I thought Dizzy was moving North to the central corridor line of Advance, Why do we want to put more forces farther away ?

Count the hexs - the center line (that is the center line of Mirak hexs to the East of Mirak Core Space) is the closest point (of our current advance) to the Mirak Homeworld and the path of least resistance.

P81 is a lot farther away and will take longer to reach the homeworld - he's providing a great flanking attack but the fact is it will take MUCH longer to get there from down south.

If you look at the map I posted earlier you'll see what I mean.

Don't want to force anyone into an area they don't want to work out of - but from a strategic standpoint the center is the best position to jump off from.

Look forward to your thoughts...

ROOK

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted July 06, 2001 01:41 PM
im just not sure where everyone is for sure.. like i said, just put on the map from what i understood.. if someone wants to correct/ show me a more exact map, thats great.. and i would agree.. that if we could go "around" a bunch of stuff and hit that weak side, it would be great. i just dont know where people are.. as always.. just a guidline based on what people tell me.
--------------------

-slug

Mu
Grunt
Member # 25
posted July 06, 2001 01:53 PM
I thought the primary forces were striking from pneumonic's blocking line? This seems to be a weak point, and there was a blue base from what I remember to attack from, striking from 3 and 4 o'clock from the homeworld. While this happens, my paltry 1.5 captains would be cutting along the bottom... the Mirak could not react to a multifront attack, whereas a uniirectional attack would be easy to mass against, plus we'd be stepping on each other's toes with drafts and nonsense. The Mirak captains are few but very well organized; we can probably best exploit numbers with a multifront assault.
If we are all assaulting from 6 o'clock, let's be sure. In this case, I may be spending the first part of the battle smashing the Mirak planet just to the left of the base line, which the Mirak will dismiss as a pointless land grab, but once the forces sweep north, it will be a convenient forward supply point.

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted July 06, 2001 01:58 PM
ugh.. look folks.. im not perfect.
please.. if you have adjustments... let me know.. all im trying to do is put down on paper what we were doing.. im sorry i got it wrong.. i think everyone has good points.. please let me know where to make corrections..

thanks.

--------------------

-slug

ROOK
Commanding Officer
Member # 54
posted July 06, 2001 01:59 PM
Mu,
I agree with you on all your points ...

My concern is having 2 pilots on the central corridor and at least one to the farth north to cover the rear (and vis-a-via cut the supply line to Gorn Space).

I can't do both by myself - If I don't cover the north there the whole eastern attack line is going to get cut-off and if I don't move up the Central Corridor then the closet point of attack is wasted AND they can still cut off the eastern attack line through this route.

Here's a repost of the map I put up earlier... hopefully this will make sense (or maybe I'm just out in left field ? )..

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted July 06, 2001 02:15 PM
so wait, where are p81 and dizzy stationed? mu needs to come from the SW and cut behind/ attack remnant mirak forces.. right?
and i agree with this cooridor.. thats what i based my map on.. hmm..

--------------------

-slug

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted July 06, 2001 02:43 PM
please note the changes i made.. is this correct?
--------------------

-slug

Mu
Grunt
Member # 25
posted July 06, 2001 02:57 PM
Looks better... I have no idea what works best for pneumonic and Dizzy, since I have no idea where they are. I'd really love to see them both come in from diff angles from the right, but this is probably not possible due to fleet dispositions. If one of those forces is going to be cutting up along the left of the supply zone as depicted, I'll probably still be grabbing that planet to stay out of their way and to give them a repair point. Unless of course there's another point along the left edge in Mirak hands which is quicker to drop...
BTW I think Bean will be able to play tomorrow AM, and I think zippy as well. I also traded in my CVA+ for this, since I really despise the idea of losing more fighters to the "let's sit around in space and wait to die" AI while 15 hexes from supply. 

< July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Mu >

Dizzy
Commanding Officer
Member # 38
posted July 06, 2001 03:35 PM
Great work Nannerslug. All I want is to be somewhere with another fed captain. Im so lonely all by myself fightin the Miraks. I have already banged all the pretty ensigns and they are all recovering in sickbay nothing else to do but twiddle my thumbs.
Im currently working that Mirak incursion into Fed space. See those 2 planets and bases all grouped together on our border? Im there hammering them. Someone join me. We capture those and drive straight North. Mu's Brigade will be on our West driving the 1st prong, Ill be the 2nd prong, and Rook and Bluebeard and whoever else in the North will be the 3rd prong. 3 prong attack to their homeworld, they cant block or slow all 3 of them down.

Also, Mu's prong could be useful later to drive to the Lyrans if we need to.

--------------------

Dizzy 58th

ROOK
Commanding Officer
Member # 54
posted July 06, 2001 03:45 PM
Nanner,
You've done an EXCELLENT job on that map - deserving of much kudos.

One problem - You've got the primary route going thru the north and the alternate route going thru the center - just need to reverse these.

Where you have "Rook Expeditinary" should be retitled "Dizzy's Attack Fleet" .... (or whatever Dizzy wishes to call his command)

That far northern route is only to protect the northern flank of our lines - and is more of a defensive action - the distance to the Mirak Homeworld is much farther through that route.

I propose the following disposition for the northeast-mirak fleet (aka "Dizzy's Fleet")..

Overall Commander: Dizzy
Captains Center Corridor: Dizzy & Rook
Captains Northern Corridor: Sirgod & Bluebeard

We could switch off as need be ...

Also if P81 needs more captains in the Southeast one of us could divert there to assist.

The central corridor from our current position is only 15 hexs (most which are low defense) to the Mirak Homeworld .... hopefully we can drive through and link up with P81 somewhere around 5 hexes to the southeast of the Mirak Homeworld - While the north corridor detail protects our rear from being cut-off.

At the same time Mu's Brigade should be 10-12 hexs to the southwest of the Mirak Homeworld by then and drawing off some of the Mirak Captains as well.

Also keep in mind that we have at least 1 gorn captain operating to the east of the central corridor - if that remains the case we have additional rear area protection.

Based on what I'm seeing out here now - the Mirak will continue to attack the northern corridor with at least 2 of their captains for some time - this I believe is to protect the line of supply to the gorn homeworld from their homeworld .... as long as we have someone up there taking hexs - they will continue to bang away up there.

That is until we get close to there homeworld - I'm sure at that point Brez will try to recall everyone he can get ... BUT .. it'll be to late, they appear to be in fact overcommitted to the Gorn campaign, to the Fed border and to the West (Lyrans). Once the northern force links up with P81 the Mirak are doomed - There returning forces will be caught in between P81's and Dizzy's to the north and Mu's to the Southwest.

It appears the Brez has spread his forces way to thin.

I apologize for the long post and I hope this makes sense .. IMHO this is the most logical assault strategy to achieve the quickest results.

Please feel free to comment/flame/alter...

Aloha,

ROOK

NannerSlug
Administrator
Member # 2
posted July 06, 2001 04:11 PM
oh no.. i think the post is fine and great! cant wait to see what happens!
--------------------

-slug

Brezgonne

Alert  Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents 

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID   
 Federation tactical routnies. Brezgonne 07-07-01 1

Messages in this topic 

Brezgonne

79 posts
 1. "Federation tactical routnies."
07-07-01, 02:00 AM (GMT) 

Author Topic: Why does nobody post tactical stuff? 
Mu
Grunt
Member # 25
posted July 06, 2001 07:50 PM
I remember on the old forum I made a couple of posts about specific ship tactics, and generally nobody responded to them. Naturally I figure this is because my ship tactics suck and are beneath comment. However, somebody recently requested a repost of the frigate decoy (someone asked about it, and Dizzy wanted props ), so I'd like to start a new thread about ship and mission-specific tacs. Please add yours and feel free to blast the hell out of mine.
---
FRIGATE DECOY

I think playing the beleagured Feds has definitely made me better at this game, and I've picked up some amusing strats. I thought I'd post this one that was figured out between mself and an FF pilot I can't remember right now, right after I got the CA+.

Vs. a big target like a battlecruiser/dreadnought, whatever, you rendezvous. The frigate flies 5 spaces ahead of the CA+ with ECM 6 and evasive maneuvers (10 ECM, 3 shift, even if the other guy pumps ECCM he'll never get better than a 2 shift on him). The frigate's job is to make the target miss with all his weapons. At range 4 or so, or whatever is about 2 before you want to fire, turn off evasive, alpha at the desired range, then peel out or HET away. Meanwhile, the CA+ drops a scatterpack at about 8, since the target has blown his weapons load, and closes with a tractor engaged. This does 3 things: locks the target at optimal overload range, prevents him from firing on the decoy frigate, and more or less stops himd ead in the water. The CA+ then cuts speed, sending power to the fore shield, fires all photons, and follows with phasers. Then the scatterpack goes off... 

This is a good way to make use of wingmen flying frigates, as what the frigate does better than most other ships is... evade.

(Yes the FF guy was Dizzy.)

---

STARCASTLING (3rd-Phoenix's text reposted by Kruk)

Greetings 3rd Fleet...

For many fed players, myself included...the greatest matchup in the game is 180-200 late/BCF vs C7. Some of the intricacies of this matchup have been changed by the differences between sfc1 and sfc2.

For starters, here are the basics on the BCF side...

- Use Smart Front This is simply reinforcing the front shield only (thereby maximizing the available energy) and turning on the helm control for Follow either by the panel button or keyboard command (asterisk above the keypad 9). By keeping your speed between 2 and 4 you will remain slow enough to wild weasel. The follow command will be - in most cases - all you need to keep the C7 bearing on your front shield.

- Use Phaser Capacitor Rather than allow your opponent to dictate when your shields are reinforced and
when they are not...make life tough on him. Klingons are not surprised to see a Fed ship use this "Starcastling" tactic. They are however, not accustomed to the Fed's front shield remaining intact. Since the heirachy of energy dictates that phaser power is of a higher priority than shield reinforcement, your front shield will weaken when your phasers fire and the capacitor begins to recharge. By moving the capacitor settings down all the way to the left...your phasers won't begin to recharge until after the C7 has fire phasers and/or disruptors. Once it does fire, turn up the capacitor and recharge the phaser banks. Once you get comfortable with this tactic, you can adjust how far down you slide the capacitor control depending on the situation.

- Save AMD, Use Phasers More Often Your opponent wants desperately to soak up your AMD early in the game. This is because it can be a real gamebreaker in the latter stages of the battle. After a few rounds of phaser capacitor ballet, your C7 rival will start to get frustrated. Almost without fail, you will be able to target the rear shields from range 10-15 and fire phasers. Klingons are used to Feds holding onto phasers for point defense, but that is what AMD is for when you have exhausted mines and phasers aren't ready. If more than two drones can't be killed and thus your tractors won't be enough, evaluate the field of play and turn on AMD as needed. Turn it back off once the threat is eliminated. This also keeps you from having to use a Wild Weasel which in turn keeps your Scatterpacks open as a detterent. I will note here that there are cases when you should turn AMD and leave it on, such as when the Klingon has decided his fate and heads right at you. This will help with any scatterpacks he may launch.

- By using probes and F4 view you will be able to line up your shot on the C7's weakest shield and in most cases have your phasers recharged by the time he comes around and dares to get close. This may be a case when you set the capacitor at the half way mark and shut off any ecm/eccm until your phasers are charged...this will maintain at least some reinforcement.

- Kill Scatterpacks with Phasers This may take some practice but its a devastating defensive maneuver.
Once the C7 drops a SP you will have a few moments to move your mouse right over it and right click on it. Fire as many phasers as it takes to kill that shuttle. You will often see the C7 stop his offensive angle to rethink the next move.

- Endgame Once you have worn down the Klingons rear shields, he will see his "saberdance" isn't working and bear in on you. He plans to drop a scatterpack if one is left and use he tractor and marines to overwhelm you. Its very possible that you could have come to this point in the game without firing a single photon. While I will use plasma and the PPT (fake plasma) as a detterent as needed, I will hold on to my overloaded photons for the endgame. While some C7's pilots will come into overload range earlier in the game, most won't until they have either weakened you to the point of thinking they have the game won...or until they are in a world of hurt.

---

8.9 PEEL VS PLASMA/DRONE CHUCKERS

Among my numerous weak points as a pilot is my ability to mitigate plasma damage. So while Artic has been down I've been working on a different approach to attacking a plasma enemy. I haven't tried this vs. a giood plasma player, so if anyone could give me an opinion, or offer to test it, I'd appreciate. This is for use in the NCL (no refit).

Charge either overload or normal photon (overload for sure to start, normal if the opponent is in some fast ship and you need the speed for the breakaway). Approach enemy, reinforce rear shield since the reinforcement delay could kill you, maintain 0 ecm shift. Approach at a 45 degree angle favoring the stronger shield side if youve eaten some damage. 8.9 loose all photons and ph1, immediately break for an escape and jack speed up as much as possible. From what I can tell a smart plamsa captain won't loose before 8.9 at the very earliest, and closer if possible. The plamsa may come out immediately after the direct fire photon volley, and you want to be running from it at 31 asap to mitigate damage. Get some distance and charge photons again, norm ol, or half ol depending on pursuit speed. Optionally vs plasma, fire torpedoes and only the forward bank of phaser 1's on the pass/break, turn OFF point defense, and when the torpedo comes in, manually target it and fire all remaining phasers at 0.9.

I've tried this with success vs drone enemies, though my break speed is a little mitigated by the need to maintain repelling tractor 2 or more on the approach, and possibly defense tractors if there are a lot of racks. Vs. Brezgonne's 3 drone frigates I did this once at 8.9 after some proximity dancing, and on the second pass when I knew he'd want to tractor me with his lead frigate I ran in at 45 degrees and loosed all at 2.9, destroyed wounded target, countered tractor, and broke away, turning off the repel tractor asap to get more speed, and turning off the defense tractors once the remaining drones had no chance of catching me. I found this to be the decisive turn in the fight, as the proximity dance did do some minor damage but was by and large inconclusive. On average with a zero shift about half of my torpedos were hitting at 8.9, and with all overloads that was 32 damage to the facing shield plus phasers, enough to at least make him think, and careful angle control eliminated missile damage on the 8.9 pass (I ate a couple on the 2.9 pass).

(Followup)

Been working on this with great success. The biggest problem with the admittedly difficult execution of this technique is keeping a good angle on the approach, so when you get to 8.9 or 4.9 (or 12.9 if you're using prox) you are within the FA arc of the photons, but you're far enough away from the headon angle to be able to peel away. The right angle to approach is just a little behind the "point" of the intersection of the 1 and 2 or 1 and 6 shields. I've been maintaining this approach angle by continuously clicking on my steering point on the approach, so my ship makes continual adjustments. Here's a picture... the red dot is the "steering point" to maintain the angle, here shown between the 1/2 shields, eating enemy fire on the 2.

In practicing the technique to get the right angle on the approach to alpha, I set all my ecm/trac/whatever levels the way I want so I don't have to readjust, and bring up the hotkey for the OL photons so I can watch the fire status at 8.9. If it doesn't turn on at 8.9, my angle is wrong. When it turns on at 8.9 like it's supposed to, I hit 4 (all phaser 1's and photons), unload, and veer off jamming down the accelerate key.

BTW this is also useful if your front shield is dead and you want to maintain an oblique approach to eat fire on the 2 or 6 with reinforcement.

---

8.9 PEEL/FIGHTER PRESERVATION

I miss my CLC, but I can't really bring myself to lose the CVA+ now that I've gotten it. Last night I thought up a way to use fighters to mitigate damage from a ship with minor AMD. Before this, I wouldn't even send the fighters out if the ship had any AMD at all because they were sure to wander right into it. It seems to work best vs. ship with 1 amd rack, like various C8/C9 refits.
Technique: Load overloads, deploy fighters on self defense. Approach just like you would on the 8.9 peel I listed in the old forum (45 degree oblique). At 8.9 alpha everything incl. drones, bank hard away and run. If the timing is right, the fighters will also fire off heavy weapons incl. fast missiles, which will get there ahead of your missiles and tie up missile defense. The fighters should also stay out of amd range, although they sometimes wander off like idiots, so it's not foolproof. However, on Defend Me they're clse enough to recall quickly.

Used this to great success vs. 2 c8/c9 variants simultaneously, only lose fighters when they decide to stop dead in space for some strange reason. I haven't tested vs. plasma, but I think it would help a lot to take the phG's off the alpha strike, so when the plasma closes it has up to 20 phaser G's weakening it.

Feedback and testing notes appreciated.

---

PNEUMONIC81'S CARRIER STUFF

my tactic is to go strait at him. set drones to singel fire. at range 50 lauch fighters and 2 drones, peel off a bit and fire the other 2. then turn back into him. u can go speed 20, have 4 ECM, 1 ECCM, and 4 reinforcemtn. run right at him. set the fighters for harass. about range 6 your drones will be ready to fire again. now u have 8 drone sint he air for his AMDs to work on. foire OL at range 2.9, then pH1,G at range 0. he will be hurting. now the drones fired seperatly will cuase himt o blow AMD ammo like crazy. he will run out faster and more dornes form your fighters will hit him.
if he WW he is a dead dread. if not keep harrassing him w/ drones and phasers... DO NOT slow down below speed 20. keep the phasesr at 75% charge and turn off or set to nromal one set of torps. this will keep an ECM advantage while still moving fairlly fast. circle him at abotu range 8 and he will shoot yoou not the fighters.

i have had a CVA since they came out. and i have flow solo w/ it until today. i do nto loose more then 1-2 wings of fighters and usually i loose none. unless its a human player w/ an MDC+...LOL

---

Please note that the 8.9 peel I've described here has worked out well in all sorta of hulls where the goal is to avoid massive amounts of damage. I'm trying it out in the DNH vs. multiple dreadnought opponents, excellent for mitigating damage. Does draw out the fight, but not as horribly as proxy mania.  I posted some boring film here a while ago, probably scrolled off now, of a CLC vs. C9B (AI) thing I did along the southwest zones, sewing up the interior. Using the peel allowed me to capture the dreadnought with no internal damage at all, and the expenditure of 3 marines.

Please add some tactics that are better than mine so I can stop sucking. 

Brezgonne

Lock | Archive | Remove

Rate this topic (1=skip it, 10=must read)? [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 ] 
  Select another forumLobbyFleet , Campaign & Server Forums (Conference)  |--Starfleet Command: The Next Generation (Protected)  |--Server News. Updated often ;-) (Protected)  |--D2 General (Protected)  |--The TNG Dynaverse (Protected)StarFleet Command II: Orion Pirates (Conference)  |--Orion (Protected)  |--Crimson Shadow (House of Korgoth) (Protected)  |--Camboro (Protected)  |--Prime Industries (Protected)  |--Tiger Heart (Protected)  |--Beast Raiders (Protected)  |--The Syndicate (Protected)  |--Wyldefire Compact (Protected)ArticFire's Forums (Conference)  |--General Discussion (Protected)  |--D2 Mods (Protected)  |--D2 Map Makers (Protected)  |--D2 Mission Scripters (Protected)  |--Server Admin Discussion Area (Protected)  |--ArticFire's D2 Server (Protected)  |--Mirak Plots (Private)Klinzhai Server (Conference)  |--General Klinzhai Forum (Protected)