Topic: Shielding  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Shielding
« on: February 09, 2013, 08:37:32 am »
I was wondering when the have shield in star trek?

In Star Trek enterprise they don't have shield yet and about a hundred years later (kirk time) they have shield. So I was wondering when they start to have shield?

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: Shielding
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:58 am »
Andorians had shields in Enterprise, so shortly after the formation of the Federation (or maybe before during the Earth-Romulan War) the Andorians would have shared that technology with Earth.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:11 pm »
Sounds likely.

If I were writing the history timeline I'd put the first UE/Fed built ship designed with shields at 2161-62 or a few years thereafter but late during the ERW is also a possibility.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:36:37 pm by Vipre »
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 12:27:19 pm »
Did the Romulan automated marauder have shields?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:54:23 pm »
No mention is made of it having shields. Its only defensive system is listed as its holographic emitters.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 02:01:29 pm »
In Enterprise, during the mirror universe episodes, the IIS Enterprise was just minted with shields, and they do comment about a certain general for that shield tech. I forget the name of him but considering the parallels with the good universe, it's possible he would have something to do with the invention/acquisition of shield tech for Starfleet. Can't be certain but it's another possibility.
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 05:06:39 pm »
You can read it from here shield
shield