Topic: Reinstalling EAW (sfc2) on windows 8  (Read 4046 times)

Offline maelstorm

• Lt. Junior Grade
Reinstalling EAW (sfc2) on windows 8
« on: April 26, 2013, 02:34:36 am »
Hi, sorry if this isn't the right place to post such.

I was dusting through my old library of games and found my old Empires at war cd jewelcase. it had cd 2 but not 1.  so i found an iso of disk one and got that.  finally got it to install and patched up and used the ezini and directory serverupdate.

when the game asked for my key i put in the 20 digit key xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (not putting it up) on my cd jewel case.  how do i connect to dynaverse 2?  i tried multiplayer but it just sits there.

also i used admin mode and xp servicepack 3 compatibility mode.

anything easle i need to download to get it working better?  solo play seems to work fine.  i really haven't played this game in forever.  i really wanted to relive my SFB days of taking a klingon and gorn anchoring a ship so my sp and drones would work him over.

Anything easle i should look into? 

I also saw on the front page about a community edition.  is that a totaly separate game? will i have to buy that instead?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Re: Reinstalling EAW (sfc2) on windows 8
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 09:21:20 am »
The community edition beta, that is in the ftp server, is currently an update to SFC2 EAW and uses the same serial key to work. About dynaverse 2, there isn't any active server running. There was an community server running some time ago, but people gave up on it, i think, waiting for some kind of update that never comes. :flame:
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline maelstorm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:33:22 pm »
ah ok so the community edition is basically an update to EAW.  Anyone with a key have acess to it, or only people who purchase it?  Who would i need to get in touch with to get access to it if i can with my original key?  where would i register my copy?

Offline maelstorm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 12:08:56 am »
Thanks.  i see these forums aren't very active so i had my doubts if i would get any replys as quickly as i did heh.  I'm glad i dusted off my disk/key.   Quick question if anyone knows.  Are the Adnromedans in the new one coming out? (andy dominator and other ships?)

i don't remeber if EAW has them .. i need to start playing solo to re-learn the interface.  i still remeber most of the SFB tactics.

Offline maelstorm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:38:44 am »
Thanks for the link looking through it now!