Topic: Star Trek Into Darkness - Review and Discuss  (Read 31751 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness - Review and Discuss
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2013, 02:14:45 am »
Berman saved Star Trek after Roddenberry went senile and nearly ran it into the ground.
He did kill it after bring out Enterpise and killing off to icons of that of Kirk and Data imgaine what it would of been like of Spack was not brought back.It would of been the end of Trek no one would of gone out to see another ST movie.

There are a lot of Kirk fans out there who are disappointed after Generations.I am one of them.

KIRK WAS ALREADY GONE!  There was NEVER going to be another TOS production by that point.  What does it matter.  As for Data, we don't know what they had planned for B4.  He saved Star Trek, and for some stupid reason, the studio chose to throw everything he had done down the toilet by letting Abrams pervert it.
They did tinker with idea of having the TOS cast in ST 7 but decided not to.Who say hes gone?

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2013, 08:14:57 am »

They did tinker with idea of having the TOS cast in ST 7 but decided not to.

They wanted them to make a brief guest appearance at the opening.  When they realized they didn't have the budget, it got cut down to the trio.  When they couldn't get Nimoy and Kelly to sign off, Scotty and Chekov were substituted.

Who say hes gone?

If he hadn't shown up in Generations we would have never seen Kirk on screen again.  The decision to end the original cast film series had been made years earlier.  Kirk and company rode off into the sunset at the end of ST VI.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2013, 04:30:39 pm »
Hear, hear. I agree with Knightstorm, TOS was finished with ST6, and may it R.I.P. I can't imagine  a post-6 movie with the TOS cast aging as they have, and other than Chekov and Uhura, we did get to what happened to them after they sailed off.

Sorry you consider Trek ending with Kirk, Age, but I really do think you're in the minority there

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »

They did tinker with idea of having the TOS cast in ST 7 but decided not to.

They wanted them to make a brief guest appearance at the opening.  When they realized they didn't have the budget, it got cut down to the trio.  When they couldn't get Nimoy and Kelly to sign off, Scotty and Chekov were substituted.

Who say hes gone?

If he hadn't shown up in Generations we would have never seen Kirk on screen again.  The decision to end the original cast film series had been made years earlier.  Kirk and company rode off into the sunset at the end of ST VI.
They were considering another flim with them.I just miss the old style of Trek with the ships of the 23 Century instead of the bemouths we see in the 24th yes like the canon ships of SFC.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2013, 06:23:27 pm »

They were considering another flim with them.

No they weren't.  In fact, the only reason we had VI was because paramount wanted to cash in on the 25th anniversary with a final original cast film.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2013, 08:37:18 pm »

They were considering another flim with them.

No they weren't.  In fact, the only reason we had VI was because paramount wanted to cash in on the 25th anniversary with a final original cast film.
Yes.They were as I found a youtube video about it some where.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2013, 02:16:50 pm »
yeah, what he said..

"They" were talking about replacing the TOS actors BEFORE ST5, and fo' sure after that, with Harve Bennett's "Academy Years" script that he was pushing. (I, for one, am glad that didn't come about - coulda been worse the JJ_Trek)

Any TOS involvement on "Generations" was always on the level of a guest shot, and it was Berman who wanted to see TOS in a TNG movie, not the studio.

http://movies.trekcore.com/generations/behindthescenes.html

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2013, 11:34:00 am »
Just saw this so I thought I would throw it in.

Honest Trailers - Star Trek Into Darkness (feat. HISHE)

Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2013, 06:25:12 am »
I did not really like the movie. They way the ship go to warp remind me of the new Galatica series.

The pd, not interfere in the natural evolution of a species, but they stop a volcano to erupt and destroyed the planet. Well it is interference to me, you prevent the planet to be destroyed by a volcano. And how com this volcano going to destroyed the planet?

When kirk go on Kronos on a shuttle, you can see a moon in close orbit and it remind me of Pracis, the Klingon moon that was destroyed in Startrek 6 Undiscovered country.

The torpedo  tubes on the side of the enterprise? It remind me of a drone ship.

The Enterprise is like the Tardis, its bigger in the inside, look at the warp core room. And what's outside the ship? Where Checkoff was, all the stuff that look like a sculpture. They have a big window on the bridge and its use as a view screen.  No one reacted to this dreadnought, I mean it was build into secrecy. Maybe because he's the head of starfleet? But when Scotty get into the construction site with his shuttle, no one have see him? No sensors have detected his shuttle? Wow, imagine a spy infiltrating the site and stealing blue print of the ship and use it against Starfleet?

The enterprise have shield that are useless.

But the timeline is so screw up since Vulcan was destroyed. Did Spock father survive? Where are the few Vulcan who survived the destruction of the planet?

When have not see a know species in the 2 new Star Trek movies, Andorian, the pig like species, denobulan or any other. Just new one and one that have a, well I don't know what it is on the back of his head. He look like a droid.

What the old Spock do for living? Trying to reunited them with the Vulcan? Its useless, Vulcan is gone and little Vulcan have fled the planet.

Is the Enterprise the only one of its class in this timeline?

How did they created the transwarp engines? That should be on the Excelsior 20 years from now. Did Khan help develop them? Sure, as much intelligent he have, he's 300 years behind. And how come Bones did not know about the cryogenic technology? He did say it was advance, and then he says its not been in use since the have warp ship. So is there any ship who have travel outside the solar system or in before Cochrane developed the warp engine?

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2014, 11:09:22 pm »
I finally saw it on Netflix.  The film flowed ok, I guess.  Other than that, the models were ugly, the sets looked stupid, the plot was paper thin, and the characters were completely pedantic.  With the exception of the blonde chick taking off her clothes, there is not one frame I care to remember.  Needless to say, I have distractions at home to keep me entertained while I have crap like this running on my computer.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary