Topic: Who am I  (Read 3267 times)

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
Who am I
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:36:31 pm »
As I will be spearheading our effort to finish a SFC4 game, I thought I would introduce myself and explain my qualifications.

I am known as Exeter, I have used that as my name in Dyna and other Trek related clans for about 7 years.  I have watched trek since TOS was aired.   I am an avid computer games and at one time I collected Trek PC games, there are a few I do not have.  My favorite is SFC4.  I do play World of Warcraft, and I like the Civilization series.

I am a physicist turned computer geek.  I have a MS in Physics,  and a PhD is Software Engineering.   I was a rocket scientist and from there slowly moved into programming.   I have programmed in Basic, Forth, Ada, Assembler, Fortran, Java, Prolog, Pascal C, C++ and C#.  Currently I am fluent in C++ and C#.  C# is fun and easier to program but my first love is C++.

I have written numerous programs including programs for businesses.  Also, wrote a few games in my time for fun.  I started programming in the mid 80's and even when not working as a developer I did it as a hobby.

I would be considered an expert in C++, although no proficient in the Lamda's introduced in C++1. 

I consider my c# experience as advanced, I do not have skills in Lamdas, Delegates, and LINQ.  I am old school, I know SQL and see no reason to use LINQ.

I no longer develop as a living, I am a Project Manager, and currently I am consulting for Bank of America.

For lack of a better term, I am the Lead Developer for our SFC4 project.

Offline Czar Mohab

• Faith manages.
  • Lt.
  • Chewie - Go jiggle the handle!
Re: Who am I
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 05:53:30 pm »
I would have given you a crisp new dollar bill if you'd followed "Who am I" with "Two - four - six - oh - ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Back on track: I'm just coming out of a small hiatus from the boards, trying to follow up on all the goings ons... long story short I'm impressed by the mini-resume above, and I definitely am looking forward to where this is going to end up. Then again I have been looking forward to SFC4 for a while now. Very glad, however, that there is new news on this front.

The Czar

And so Javert, you see it's true; that man bears no more guilt than you! Who am I? 24601!
US Navy Veteran - Proud to Serve
Submariners Do It Underwater - Nukes Do It Back Aft - Pride Runs Deep
Have you thanked a Vet lately?

Subaru Owners Do It Horizontally Opposed!
Proud Owner - '08 WRX - '03 Baja - '98 Legacy

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
Re: Who am I
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »
or old news that we edited.