Topic: Coding, status and questions relating to code  (Read 1747 times)

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
Coding, status and questions relating to code
« on: July 17, 2013, 11:13:11 pm »
n this thread I will keep updates periodically on the code development.  I will also answer specific questions although the actual code will be in the private developer area. 

To start with I am working on the game states.  The game will initialize and load the splash screen while assets are created and loaded.  This will go to a "main menu" where the player can choosed a race, a ship, setup multiplayer, use the buit in mod editor, load custom ships and other things.  From here the "Engage" is selected.

Once engage is sekected the screen goes to the galactic map.  From here the player may select new position, starbases etc to warp.  This is not a hex by hex movement so the player can select a destination and warp to it.  However, enroute it is possible to be intercepted or get messages for missions etc.  From this screen the player can enter the sector space and perform missions, combat etc.  From the Galactic the player can enter a shipyard/starbase/etc.

I am not a graphics artist nor do I claim to be.  the first "test"  version will have placeholder screens until graphics can be done for them.

Does not sound like much but given the game complexity, a working game state with 2D and 3D graphics and the interactions is very complex.