Topic: Septermber Update  (Read 2495 times)

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
Septermber Update
« on: October 10, 2013, 11:31:53 am »
Finished the fix or SFC2:CE so was able to gt back on SFC4.

I have 3 "mini" programs done.  The first is the 3d display and movement.  The second is the 2d displays that randomly changes images, up to 100 of them and fully replaceable by then player.  And the "third" is the menus selection screen withgame states.  This is an overlay with buttons.

Now, I am building all three into one "core" program that will be a pre alpha for user feedback.  This will not be fully functional but will allow user feedback for improvements on the game core.  This will also provide a test platform for any 2d graphics.   We will need alot more graphics but I put what I have to be able to test it.

Some question was raised if we changed track, and the answer is not really.  the development is still c++, using irrlicht 3D graphics and Bullet physics.   The final game is intended to be DX11, multithread and utilize DX11 compatible GPUs for performance.  LUA will be our modding language.   I do surf and if I find anthing interesting I will check it out.  But unless there is major advantage, it is not worth it.

Network/multiplayer is still in question.  We can do our own (Raknet), utilized stem (have the sdk now) or make changes and get it working into dynaverse.

Provided no more emergencies, catastrophes or wife aggro hope to finish the pre alpha the over next few weeks.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Re: Septermber Update
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:24:32 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:04:10 pm by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »
Hah! Wife Agrro..  8)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:33:47 am »
Got any screenshots?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 08:07:37 pm »
Will have some soon.  The main structure for the game states and menu is nearly done.