Topic: Fleetdock13 archive skins/models  (Read 4375 times)

Offline SR_Crewchief

• Lt. Junior Grade
Fleetdock13 archive skins/models
« on: October 21, 2013, 02:35:29 pm »
Does anyone have a reliable location to download the skins/models that are listed on Fleetdock13?  Fileplanet went away and gamefront does not seem to have the archived files.

I'm mostly looking for the Klingons that were in Archive1.  Thought I'd DL'd them years ago but don't seem to have them now. 

Offline Vipre

• Commander
Re: Fleetdock13 archive skins/models
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:18:44 pm »
Just so happens you're at that location.  SFB_OP_04 contains both SFC1 and SFC2/OP versions of most if not all of the FD13 Archive 1 models, including the Klingons, and is hosted right here in the Dynaverse.net downloads section.

http://dynaverse.net/downloads.php?id=51&game=SFC2%20OP#download

Regarding ships from the "Ships 1" & "Ships 2" pages, those are "around"...have a few myself...but you'll generally need to dig through sites like the Battleclinic shipyards and Filefront's SFC3 page , which despite the name contains many SFC1/2 models. No certainties, but it's a start.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:53:06 pm by Vipre »
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline SR_Crewchief

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:29:30 am »
Thanks Vipre, I'd overlooked that file since it was listed as a mod to OP and an executible.  It had exactly the ships I was looking for. 

Offline Ghost

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:47:19 pm »
"Does anyone have a reliable location to download the skins/models that are listed on Fleetdock13?  Fileplanet went away and gamefront does not seem to have the archived files.

I'm mostly looking for the Klingons that were in Archive1.  Thought I'd DL'd them years ago but don't seem to have them now. "

WELL I still have them all plus a few more never posted.

Offline SR_Crewchief

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 12:11:06 pm »
I'm aware that this is an old post.

I keep coming back to EAW but wanting to use models that fit the SFB 'verse better in my mind.  For the ships I've been able to use the one's in SFB_OP_04 that Vipre linked.  The issue I am still running into is the fighters.  When I try to use any other than the stock ones the game crashes.  Using the Tadren viewer I can seen them but the game refuses to load them cleanly.

Anyone have a suggestion for models for fighters that EAW will load?  Examples of what I'm looking for are F14, F15, F18, A10 for Feds.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 12:30:53 pm »
Things like that are usually a pointer problem if you're sure that the game can handle the model. The fighter models work just like the ship models. Are you modding both fighter lists and making sure the file is named properly? Are you also modding both shiplists to call up those fighters when launched?

Offline SR_Crewchief

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 01:51:32 pm »
Things like that are usually a pointer problem if you're sure that the game can handle the model. The fighter models work just like the ship models. Are you modding both fighter lists and making sure the file is named properly? Are you also modding both shiplists to call up those fighters when launched?

Yep, /MetaAssets and /Assets/specs locations.  I copy the file I've changed in a seperate work directory to both locations to reduce the chance of making a different change in each location.

I've had some issues with loading models I wanted to use in race specific sub-directories of the Assets/MODELS directory for the ships, but even when directly in that directory the fighters still cause an abend.  Only changing the ftrlist to point to the stock models gets around this for me. 

It's been a couple of months since I last messed with any of this.

Offline SR_Crewchief

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 01:58:48 pm »
Disreguard.  I appearently never had the model directories loaded correctly,  that would explain a lot. 

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 02:00:29 pm »
That's odd. I've added Borg fighters, tiny asteroid fighters, baby monster fighters and robot probe fighters into OP with no issues at all. EAW should be the same for that.

EDIT: LOL, just saw the new post.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 12:09:32 am »
Disreguard.  I appearently never had the model directories loaded correctly,  that would explain a lot.

Har! Don't you hate when you mod all the right files then when it fails realize you forgot to install the model. One of the few times I physically face-palm.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline SR_Crewchief

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 08:33:50 am »

Har! Don't you hate when you mod all the right files then when it fails realize you forgot to install the model. One of the few times I physically face-palm.
Oh, it's much worse than that.  I'd mod'd the files to point at where I'd loaded the models and then moved the models without changing the ftrlist file.  Definite cause for forehead contusions.

Offline Ghost

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 12:02:06 pm »
Since Strategy planet died I had been thinking of putting the "Fleetdock13" files some were, well this is sort of it. :)

Now I have created a new Fleetdock13 for my Miniatures gaming hobby.   https://sites.google.com/site/fleetdock13/home

I have added a page with links to a dropbox account were I will be posting the old models, They are free but copyrighted so if using them for any project contact me at

FLEETDOCK13@GMAIL.COM

If you still play SFC 1,2 & OP the direct link to download the SFC TOS models is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7umm24iefc0alsf/All%20FD13%20T.O.S.%20models%20for%20SFC%201%2C2%20%26%20OP.zip?dl=0

"LIVE LONG AND BLAST THE HELL OUT OF THEM!"  Ghost