Topic: The Rigel colonie  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
The Rigel colonie
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:47:17 pm »
I was wondering something about the Rigel colonies  http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Talk:Rigel

We have no canon info on that?

TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise source. Since The animated series was none canon I won't mention anything from it. Beside its a torture to listen to it.  :knuppel2:

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: The Rigel colonie
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 11:42:08 pm »
I thought there was an episode where Picard went on Vacation to Rigel, and wound up on one of his Archaeology adventures.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 12:59:22 am »
That's Risa.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:03:47 am »
I'm still wondering what you're wondering about "Rigel." That Memory Alpha page has a so-called debate on "over-population" of Rigel, and the matter of "where" Rigel is in terms of real stars is a long running question in fandom, so, what are you asking?

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 09:14:43 am »
Yeah, which Rigel? In The Menagerie (The Cage) they state that  Captain Pike fought on Rigel 7 (where it appears Kloog in the episode Gamesters of Triskelion is from as he strongly resembles the large warrior that Pike fought in the mental landscape) and in Wolf in the Fold, the investigator Mr.Hengist is stated to be from Rigel 4 and is ordinarily sized. IIRC they referenced one or two other Rigels in passing as well.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 10:14:37 am »
Since the "real" Rigel (Beta Orionis) is 773 ly away, there must be (an)other star(s) that are the "Rigel" from ST. Lots of fan ideas and theories, never truly resolved. I'm guessing that "Rigel" just sounds cool to writers...

Good entries on it on:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Rigel_system
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/cartography-other.htm#rigel

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »
The question was : In Star Trek the Doomsday machine Seasons 2 episode 6, Spock was saying that "it will go thought the most densely populated section of our galaxy"

Sulu "Its veering off, the the next solar system, the Rigel colonies Sir"

Commodore Decker tell Spock "You can't let that think reach Rigel! Why millions of innocent peoples will die"

So what species live there?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 04:56:10 pm »
"the Rigel colonies" could just as easliy be a sector of space colonized from Rigel.    The inhabitants would of course be Rigelians.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 05:20:25 pm »
According to Memory Alpha, there are multiple canon mentions of Rigel and its planets from early TOS through ENT, and it included  up to 12 planets and several colonies, with humans, the Kalar ("The Menagerie"), "Hill People" ("Wolf in the Fold"), and Rigellians (DS9 "Vortex," ENT "United," et.al.), who share physiology with Vulcans and Romulans.

The SFB source material has a slightly different race of Rigellians.