Topic: OP+ 4.1.1 trouble  (Read 11944 times)

Offline Legacy_Seeker

• Lt. Junior Grade
OP+ 4.1.1 trouble
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:51:14 am »
I just got FireSoul's OP+ 4.1.1 mod ... and I'm having a problem.

When I hit the Campaign button is single player, the game simply shuts down.

I've got the 2.5.5.2 patch and I'm on a windows 7 machine.

Note, the single player campaign worked fine before I installed the patch and OP+ witch I put in at the same time (Patch, then OP+)

If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know, I'm gonna reinstall the game and patch but leave to OP+ out for now after trying every fix I can think of.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: OP+ 4.1.1 trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:08:12 pm »
Did you reboot the computer in between installing the patches?  Not usually an issue but with an old game like this it might help.

Just for reference, I'm running SFC OP with the 2.5.5.2 patch on my Win 7 system without OP+.

Offline Legacy_Seeker

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:29:23 am »
Actually I tried that, and in the Process found that it was the PATCH that broke my game, not OP+ ... Restarting still didn't fix it however.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:30:58 am »
I think you are talking about the 2.5.5.2 patch and not the OP+ patch.  This is what I would do:

1.  Uninstall the game and remove any lingering file/folders from the hard drive.
2.  Reinstall the game.  Once it finished installing.  Reboot.
3.  Once the system is back up, run the game and see if it still works.  install the 2.5.5.2 patch.  Reboot again.
4.  If everything is working ok then install OP+, after it's installed reboot.  See if the games runs.

If the game does not work then I would start taking a look at your video and sound drivers.  You may need an older one to make this game work.  Hope this helps.

Offline Legacy_Seeker

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 02:35:18 am »
That's actually what I did earlier, and that's how I discovered it was the 2552 patch that screwed everything up. as far as uninstalling it goes however, mine doesn't seem to have a built in uninstaller for the game, so i simply deleted both the game folder and the patch folder ... but some data seemed to be left behind from it even after I dumped the recycle bin ... any idea where the leftovers could be cause I had access to a saved game from before I deleted the game folder.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55:43 am »
With that old of a game, it's probably in the Registry.  Although saved games would be in the SFC OP folder under:  SFC OP  --> MetaAssets  --> db  -->  saves.  That tells me when you deleted the game folder that it didn't actually delete.  Could be a rare case where you deleted the game and the computer marked it for deletion then the OS wrote the reinstall over the same disk sector.  I've never actually seen that happen but have heard about it before.

One last suggestion, if you haven't already tried it.  Run the 2.5.5.2 patch as an administrator.  But then you should already be doing that when you install the game.  If you are still having problems I would look into your computers device drivers (video/sound etc.).  Good luck.

Offline Legacy_Seeker

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 02:22:18 am »
Done and done ... still broken

Sigh ... I guss I'll just have to go without the patch, and thus without the OP+ mod.

This POS machine i'm on won't even let me have two copies of the game so that I could have the basic version for one, and a patched/modded version for the other ...

Any ideas where I can get the earlier patches?

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »
It maybe your anit virus that is giving you the problem turn it off and do a fresh install deleting the game folder.Install Game,Patch then you install the mod.

This is easier just read all the steps carefully.It only has OP+4.0 but that is good enough.

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163378640.60.html

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 01:47:44 am »
Isn't the Dynaverse Marketplace version of OP already fully patched?

I know it costs $6. But maybe that method would bypass the problems you're having.

If you don't have the money, send me a PM. I'll buy a copy for you.

Run regedit. Delete all the Taldren/OP stuff you can find.

Oh, one thing comes to mind regarding crashes after making changes to the game: delete your "scripts.lst" in ..Assets/scripts. A new one will be generated. That might clear things up.

Install anything SFC-related to C:\Games or C:\Taldren. I don't recommend using the C:\Program Files(x86) directory.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:14:33 am by TarMinyatur »

Offline Legacy_Seeker

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 09:29:22 am »
booo-f***i*g-YEAH!!!!

I Put it in a folder outside the Program Files(x86) thing ... Problem solved, can now play campaign with the patched version ... ... ... now to see if OP+ 4.1.1 will also work.

*rub hands together as ominous cackling sounds in the background*

Offline virag0

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 10:01:24 pm »
Hi, I found that to get OP running in Wine, I first had to install OP, run it, sign with my CD key (original game from a pre order back then) then install 2.552.  Before that, the game would not run, instead giving
me C++ runtime errors.
Then I installed Firesoul mod 4.1.1 and then the EAW custom campaigns compiled by Nuclear Wessels.  It all works 100%, even the multiplay, except I am still working on my D2.  Now I have OP working, I will try to start  the OP Dynaverse.  Are there any other mods I should do?

I am using OpenSpy and working on getting that operational to act as a platform, collaborating with another game clique for their hobby.

rachel