Topic: Friendship  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Friendship
« on: March 16, 2014, 05:50:20 pm »
I was wondering how do I know if someone is a real friend?

I have many names on Skype and I was wondering how do I know if someone is a friend or not?

I try to a a conversation with some, but its just don't seem to be working.

So if you know how to find out, tell me.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Re: Friendship
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »
I delete my Skype account and leave one of the furry forum. I grow tired of a lot of furs.

Too many have not answer at least since Christmas, other barely answer. A few do talk and less call you.

Its not all the furry who are jerk, but too many are just not worth trying to talk to.

Since I did that, I feel a lot better. I don't think that anyone will notice that I leave the forum and less will miss me. I don't miss them since I never got to know them much. I try to but some seem to have problem answering simple question about there life. trying to know them a bit and talking.

I don't know if its a question of age, but many are in the 20 and 30. I'm mid 40, many are in age to be my children.

I can't say what I'm looking for in friendship, but I know that I got trouble with most of them. Beside not having money do get in the way when you would like to go to an activity with them. When you can't take the bus to go to anyone's place, its not fun and I can't get anyone where I live since its only a bed room.

I don't really know furs that are my age or a bit older. Some says "you don't need money to have friends" Well how do you get to anyone or to any place if you have no money to follow? The only free place are park, but you have to get to the park. That mean money for the bus.

So again you are left alone because you can't follow. I don't expect anyone to paid for the bus or anything, but its reality and you have to live with it. No money, no candy.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:00:21 pm »
I would imagine, from what I've seen of one of the Furry forums I looked at a while back, that they are very closed off, given the stigma attached to it.  Hell, I didn't even know what a  furry was, until a few years ago, and looked into it. Seems to me like a decent enough group of peeps, not my thing, but Live and let live I say. Never seen them harm another person, but they seem to get a negative rep.

As for real friends, I can tell ya right now, The peeps here on this board, are some of the best Real Life friends, I have ever known. Way back, when my wife had that woman cancer, I think they all helped to take care of me, and I've tried to be there for them also, when I can.

But that isn't even what real friends are all about, It is the people who you really love and care for, and feel that you get the same from them.

Hope this helps bro.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:29:25 pm »
I don't remember how long I'm on this forum, and before on the other one. We are only humans and I don't expect perfection in anyone.

I never really have much conversation with anyone, and I never have problem  one way or the other. Every place have rules and its normal.

Some forum can be interesting, other can be more annoying. In the furry I don't know how many forum there is since I never see many. Some can be just for info on event that will and have been so its kinda dead. Other can be more active and you can talk about a lot of stuff, from general interest to adult stuff.

There are negative image of the furry from those who have only see one side, that is the adult side of the furry. But its not the main stuff and don't believe all you read on the net.

Those who have what we call a fursuit (a mascot costume) are not all for the sex. And not all furry have one since it can cost a good 2000$ for one. Yes that much. Some can cost more depending of what you want.

Some furry like anyone can be hard to know anything about their life, like what kind of job you have, if you like it, etc.

I remember a founder of a furry forum leaving them because he found them socially unsatisfying. (boring) and he's right. After all these years they are boring.

I still like furry art, but I lose interest in the furry fandom.