Topic: Roku box  (Read 2328 times)

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
Roku box
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:08:49 pm »
Do we have any Roku box users here? Looking to switch from cable and want to quiz someone on the practicals of it.
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Dallas

• Fluffy Snuggle Bunny
  • Lt.
Re: Roku box
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:56:01 am »
I got rid of cable tv back in February and don't really miss it. While I don't have a Roku I've been using Apple TV. It has Netflix and HuluPlus and I can stream my iTunes library. I have been thinking about also getting a Roku since it has an app for VUDU which will let me watch movies that only have codes for Ultraviolet and not iTunes.

Offline Dallas

• Fluffy Snuggle Bunny
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 07:02:52 pm »
Well, I gave up cable around 4 years ago. Ever since then I have been using Netflix and Amazon Prime which luckily for me my blu-ray player has the apps for. Last week I bought this http://www.hdfrequency.com antenna bc I read really good reviews for it. Should actually be here today so I'll let you know how that goes. Between everything you get online, netflix and amazon prime plus my antenna now I really don't see why anyone would need to give 150+ to a cable company. If I ever wanna see something and not wait I can just rent it for 99c or 1.99 from amazon. I really recommend choosing something that you'll enjoy but at the same time cut costs.
Now with my antenna I can be in touch with civilization again, you know in case we get attacked by zombies or invaded by "V".  ;D

Adam

Let me know how the antenna works out. Been thinking about getting one. I miss local news in the morning while I get ready for work.

Offline Dallas

• Fluffy Snuggle Bunny
  • Lt.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 03:42:23 pm »
Update: Just bought a Roku 3. Got it to stream VUDU and Amazon Prime. Easy to setup and so far I like it. Suck on that Comcast.

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 06:09:47 am »
Update: Just bought a Roku 3. Got it to stream VUDU and Amazon Prime. Easy to setup and so far I like it. Suck on that Comcast.

How is the content selection?
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Dallas

• Fluffy Snuggle Bunny
  • Lt.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 11:59:30 am »

How is the content selection?

There is a lot of stuff to choose from. The downside is that I haven't heard of 95% of the channels. Most of the channels I tried out that I knew of only would show clips from shows or wanted me to log in with my cable provider info. I only need the Roku to watch Netflix, HuluPlus, Amazon Prime, and VUDU so I'm happy with my purchase.