Topic: Star Trek Exeter New Episode  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Star Trek Exeter New Episode
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:37:30 am »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:43:10 pm by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Vipre

• Commander
Re: Star Trek Exeter New Episode
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:21:09 pm »
Glad they finished it. Thanks for the heads up.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 04:26:50 pm »
I knew that people could write good scripts for ST!  Yeah, these are amateurs, so it has a lot of obvious problems, like the actors weren't directed that well.  If you don't like it, cough up a couple million and pay a studio to hire professional directors and casting consultants to do it right.  Critics tend to overlook the things that were done right.  The episode was perfectly edited.  I think it ran too long for commercial television, but it meets the standard I'm used to, after a lifetime of watching television.

There are some really good ST episodes written for the various ST series.  None of the movies have been half as interesting, and didn't have as many plot twists.  I wish they'd call up these folks before they make the next movie.  Hopefully, they'll just ignore the fact JJ Trek ever happened.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:26:52 pm »
Awesome, I've been waiting for this episode for what, five years now?  Thought they'd never finished it.  Glad they did though, can't wait to watch the whole thing through.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 11:09:32 pm »
I think it ran too long for commercial television...

Even more reason to love dedicated fan films, they use commercial television of the era for their model not today's crap.

For comparison "The Doomsday Machine" is 50min in length in its original form.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 11:20:32 pm »
And also. Check out the new Star Trek Renegades Youtube Video Clip.
It's quite interesting, they use curse words  ;D and Tuvok is more serious then ever. Lol

Adam

I'd watch that film just for Sean Young.

Not a bad cast lineup.
The role of Captain Lexxa Singh will be played by Adrienne Wilkinson (Xena: Warrior Princess, Star Wars: The Clone Wars). The Renegades’ antagonist in the film, Borrada, will be played by Bruce A. Young (The Sentinel, NYPD Blue). Also currently in the cast are Walter Koenig (Chekov, Original Series), Tim Russ, Gary Graham (Alien Nation; Soval, Enterprise), Robert Picardo (the holodoctor, Voyager, Voyager), Sean Young (Blade Runner, Dune), Manu Intiraymi (Icheb, Voyager), Corin Nemec (Stargate SG-1, Parker Lewis Can’t Lose), Edward Furlong (Terminator 2: Judgement Day), Courtney Peldon (Entourage, Home Improvement), Chasty Ballesteros (Final Destination 5, The Newsroom), Kevin Fry (Eraser, Sons of Anarchy), Larissa Gomes (Saw VI, Saw 3D), actress/stunt performer Tarah Paige (Make It or Break It, Rise of the Planet of the Apes), Vic Mignogna (Dragonball Z, Star Trek Continues), Rico E. Anderson (Star Trek 2009, Dollhouse), Richard Herd (Admiral Paris, Voyager), Herbert Jefferson Jr (Battlestar Galactica) and many more!

The real Boomer ftw.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 05:33:05 pm »
She played Paul's wife Chani, but I wouldn't have recognized her.

Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 05:52:11 pm »
I like Phase 2 as well when production starts up again.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 06:06:38 pm »
Star Trek Continues isn't a bad one either.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 06:20:16 pm »
Yeah.I did well done production.To bad the other Capt. had to step as side.

When it comes to that desing this is how Matt Jefferies wanted it to look like.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:36:12 pm by Age »

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 12:15:12 pm »
I really like Phase 2/Continues - much higher production values and better acting. The guy doing Kirk now has the mannerisms down just right, even if his voice is just a bit too high compared to Shatner. Although I really like seeing the Jefferies Phase-2 Enterprise, it does bug me from a timeline perspective - there's not really enough time to refit Big E for the 5th "season", and then turn around and refit her again in time for TMP. I suppose it's possible there was another reason to change her between Phase 2 and TMP, like an accident or damage.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 05:20:10 pm »
As I get older I'm starting to like everything. I like it.
Then again I like everything Rifleman does.
Yeah I like his videos as he does a great jop on them.It is the reason I want to get my own copy of bridge commander although they are hard to get today.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 10:52:49 am »
;) and a computer to play them on... There's a nonprofit tech place in my town that sells refurbed old machines for low income individuals, and then have some XP machines for sale. Might have to pick up one.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 08:24:47 pm »
As I get older I'm starting to like everything. I like it.
Then again I like everything Rifleman does.
Yeah I like his videos as he does a great jop on them.It is the reason I want to get my own copy of bridge commander although they are hard to get today.
Who am I telling well you or most in general.It would be nice if Acti and Interplay would resell updated versions of these.