Topic: Howard the Duck!!!  (Read 1845 times)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Howard the Duck!!!
« on: August 10, 2014, 05:34:37 pm »
Well, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night, and he appeared in the post credit scene.  Maybe a new Howard film won't be that far off?

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Howard the Duck!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 07:42:16 pm »
Ugh.  Curse my daughter's small bladder.  I missed that.  That could be cool, thing is I still remember how bad the last one was so....  yeah I don't know.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:15:46 am »
I'm with Adam here Bro. I loved the old Howard the Duck movie. That being said, I was also pretty young back then. If they made one today, They would have to have the cynical social commentary that he was so damn good for in his book.

Stephen looks over at his VHS tapes, and spots Howard the Duck.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 03:08:37 pm »
Howard the duck was great! I have it on vhs and have a vhs/dvd combo. Howard would probably have done better today ormaybe even in the past with a faster pace/tighter editing. It just wasn't main stream enough for a pre-comic movie era crowd.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel