Topic: Doubling Prestige per mission  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Diilicious

• Lt. Junior Grade
Doubling Prestige per mission
« on: August 14, 2014, 12:43:02 pm »
Hello, im new here and this is my first topic.

ive been playing this game on and off ever since it came out and have never played this game against people and dont really ever plan to.

I have a simple request and that is "Is there a way to change the amount of credits you get per mission".

since its always such a long time between bouts where i feel i must play SFC:OP or else. i always forget what makes me leave the game every time.

and that is if i want to have a fleet 3 ships, you cant actually sustain those ships with the lowly amount of prestige you get, its almost self defeating.

I downloaded recently the op_enhancement_package_v5.0 from somewhere hoping it would help, and now it gives even less prestige per map and its infuriating.

I know theres a way to start with an assload of credits but i dont want that.

after the update,  the average combat involved mission gives you roughly 200-250 prestige, just restocking one ship after that battle can be half/equal/ or even more than that total, the advanced PF's cost 220 credits, losing even 1 means you will make a loss for taking part in the mission, and since the AI spams them and their loadouts are less powerful because they can carry those ships means you more or less need to have them.

the only missions you can make money on are the ones where you dont actually do anything in the mission, you start and tractor beam a box off the map and for some reason get 350 prestige, however if you take part in a battle with 10 or more other ships, after its done you get 210.

so anyway, im rambling and im sorry for that, i just have never spoken to anyone about this game before.

Is there a way to double or triple the prestige per mission?

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Re: Doubling Prestige per mission
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:58:39 pm »
I'm not sure this will work as I have never tried it, but if you go into your Score .gf file in the Single Player server folder in Meta Assets (be sure to make a backup first) and mess around with the parameters of the section highlighted below, you may get some more prestige per mission. I believe that the numbers are multipliers to the score meted out internally by the mission.

[VictoryLevels]

AstoundingVictory    =1.0
Victory                      =0.8
Draw                         =0.5
Defeat                      =0.2
DevastatingDefeat  =0.0

EDIT: If that doesn't work you could try reducing the cost of supplies and repairs.

Offline Diilicious

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:14:40 pm »
hm, ive tried the first one prior to posting, i didnt notice any difference. perhaps i need to change all the values.

how can i make the repairs cheaper as that is in essence a round about way of doing the same thing :) ?

(also is it really necessary to have so much flood and spam bot (or idiot proof) protection for posting and registering here.. i had a hard time with that, i didnt even know where to start with the questions it was asking me...

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:24:18 pm »
Go into your Economy .gf and manipulate this section:

// This is the cost of supplies in spacedock.
// note that MinimumBidFactor is similar to TradeIn
[Cost/Ship/SupplyDock]
Repair      = 3.0
TradeIn      = 6.0
Missiles   = 2.0
Fighters   = 1.5
Shuttles   = 2.0
Marines      = 2.0
Mines      = 2.0
SpareParts   = 2.0

As for all the security, blame the Russians and be glad they care enough not to let you be one of the 1.2 billion people who had their minor info stolen just last week.

Offline Diilicious

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:27:09 pm »
okay thank you i'll do that :)

also i was only asking if it was necessary... your answer seems to suggest heavily that it is very much needed so i shalnt ask again.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 01:40:04 pm »
Oh, it was a valid question, but if you had seen the comical flood of bots we had here a few months back you'd be wary too!  ;) :knuppel2:

Offline Diilicious

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 02:52:28 pm »
your advice worked beautifully

by lessening the repair and accessory cost it has achieved the same as doubling the prestige, its now much less of a chore to play.

I thank you for that

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 03:23:59 pm »
Your welcome.  :)