Topic: Anyone still playing OP anymore?  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Cpt. Gordon

• Lt. Junior Grade
Anyone still playing OP anymore?
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:30:23 pm »
Was wondering if anyone was still playing OP. Havn't played for a while but still love to play. Used to play at Mplayer years ago the first sfc 1. Was a blast. I can't find my CD for OP but have the game loaded and updated. Love to play again but don't know of anybody to play.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Anyone still playing OP anymore?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:45:36 pm »
Other people here have asked basically the same thing here.  But short answer is:  Single player, yes.  Multiplayer player, no not really.

Offline Cpt. Gordon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:09:36 am »
Like playin multiplayer. Wondered. Thanks.

Offline Dobian

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 01:20:09 am »
I just reinstalled it and playing the Syndicate now.   I also picked up sfc 3, the only one I didn't own, and playing the Klingon campaign now.  Brings back the memories.

Offline Cpt. Gordon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 08:09:42 am »
Found the game. Been playing and it been fun again Need to find someone that still likes playin OP. I played this guy some years back that went by Data. He was banned here i remember. lol. I i was winning he would cry and think i was cheating.

Offline Dobian

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 02:03:30 am »
I wasted a night on this first mission of the Borg campaign in SFC 3.  Every time I get to the last encounter that they go and stick right on the edge of the map, as soon as you get it down to the last ship he runs to the edge of the map and you lose, no time to take out his engines.  I even had captured ships on him.  Stupid.  Tonight I'll try just killing the engines of the next to last pirate ship instead of killing it outright which should "trick" the other ship to sticking around instead of running.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:42:04 am by Dobian »

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 08:17:46 am »
I checked out GameRanger last night (Friday) and found 6 players for Orion Pirates. We did several 2v2 battles.

(The OP+ 4.0 mod seems to be the standard. Nobody was using stock files or OP+ 4.1.1.)

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 10:06:34 pm »
I'm on Gameranger and Evolve right now. OP, EAW, CE...they're all good.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 08:47:20 pm »
Come on you old geezers! Get on Gameranger sometime. Blow some stuff up. So what if you're rusty...just play through the rust. It'll come off and you'll be in command again.

Gameranger is really unstable tonight. Meet me on EvolveHQ instead. It is a zillion times more stable, presently, than GR.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:23:37 pm by TarMinyatur »

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 12:04:14 pm »
I'm sure it mostly had to do with luck, but I happened upon Tar's "geezer" taunt last night not too long after he made it, and found him on gamaeranger, where we, along with Spider, exchanged various forms of directed energy at each other. FWIW, sometimes a short "I'm here @" or "Meet me there at 2100 EDT" posts can still work...

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 06:02:24 pm »
https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:kBwJCO1XwvoHqUMh,party:2gmInKmt3TR7Zgd0

OP/EAW/CE...

All good.

Edit: EvolveHQ is messed up today. The link above might not work. Too bad MPlayer is extinct...I wouldn't mind the Mquakes.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:00:42 pm by TarMinyatur »