Topic: Cyborg films  (Read 2069 times)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Cyborg films
« on: October 19, 2014, 06:04:43 pm »
A while back there was a series of polls on the best scifi films here.  I'd like to try something similar but less ambitious.  Robocop and Terminator touched off a bit of a cyborg craze where there were tons of cyborg films into the early 90s, such as Cyborg, American Cyborg, Cyborg Cop, Cyborg Hooker, ect.  For the next week, I'll be accepting nominations.  The only restriction is no Robocop or Terminator films.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Cyborg films
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:03:27 pm »
Manborg, while a new film, captures that whole feel perfectly! It' a great movie also, so you may want to check it out.

at the very least, it needs an honorable mention as being a great homage to the 80's cyborg movies, even though it was filmed in the 2010's.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 12:58:02 pm »
Since the Term films are out, I call "The Machine".  Hard to believe it's a low budget film.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 10:49:22 am »
I guess I'll nominate Cyborg II because it represents the acting debut of an 18 year old Angelina Jolie.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:47:42 am »
The Machine is a great film also!
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War