Topic: Terminator reboot  (Read 3567 times)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Terminator reboot
« on: December 05, 2014, 02:15:54 pm »

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Re: Terminator reboot
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 04:53:51 pm »
I read an article showcasing the new "creators" of this and they kept saying how much they loved and respected the original two movies and gushing on about how "perfect" they were and all I could think was "then why are you remaking them?".

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 06:13:20 pm »
Interesting...
I like it. Doesn't seem to far off. But my God, when are these Hollywood people going to create something and stop the rebooting. What's next, Honeymooners 2015. Ralph working for the MTA. Smh :crazy2:

Come on you want the reboot of Leave it to Beaver with Jamie (more C4)  Hyneman as Ward and Kari (need a bigger gun) Byron as June Cleaver.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 06:46:14 pm »
Haven't seen the trailer yet.  Will do so this weekend I'm sure.

However, I did read the synopsis on Wiki.  The short form of that synopsis (without sharing possible spoilers), it  involves three different timelines, which of course that precedent was sent with the previous films.  I.E. events in the subsequent films modifying events of the previous films...

I can live with that, as long as it isn't a JJ reset... and I like the explanation I read about how Aaahnooold can play the role despite the fact he is much older now than in the original fim.  Won't spoil it though.  Read the wiki if you like minor spoilers.  Or the trailer may have spoiled that already...

All in all, I have high hopes this one will do OK.  I really enjoyed the last two films, and Moon Bloodgood did well portraying one of my 'new' favorite characters in the franchise (Blair Williams).  But then I'm easy to please as long as they keep it mostly interesting.  Just as long as they don't try to pass off a beer factory as engineering!

On a related note, finally saw Expendables 2 and 3 this week (been holding out for a price drop in the video section at Walmart for 2, 3 hit the shelves this week).  For those that like action, lots of guns and explosions without the plot getting in the way of the action too much,ii.e. the plot mainly used to provide a convenient excuse for lots of action, definitely a good ride! That Ronda Rousey has some moves (she's the current UFC champ)!  If you are looking for a deeper experience, there are other franchises with much more intricate plots...

Admittedly, some of the one liners in the Expendables franchise were a bit too corney, but the whole Chuck Norris/Lone Wolf thing still had me chuckling!  On a related note, I'm guessing that Sly and Jason have become very good friends these days, based on how comfortable they are with each other on the screen.

Plus, it's good to see Arnold, Wesley, and many of the other action icons we all grew up with showing us what we remember them most for - high octane action movies!

Back to the new Terminator, I'm not too worried about being disappointed... yet.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 11:02:21 pm »
Interesting...
I like it. Doesn't seem to far off. But my God, when are these Hollywood people going to create something and stop the rebooting. What's next, Honeymooners 2015. Ralph working for the MTA. Smh :crazy2:

Come on you want the reboot of Leave it to Beaver with Jamie (more C4)  Hyneman as Ward and Kari (need a bigger gun) Byron as June Cleaver.

You don't reboot classic sitcoms.  You turn them into reality tv shows.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »
Interesting...

<snickers> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373908/
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 12:20:27 pm »
Interesting...

You don't reboot classic sitcoms.  You turn them into reality tv shows.

Still works with that cast.  C4 and bigger guns.  Would be a blast. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 09:03:42 pm »
Hey, we still have hope, while I sit back and try and enjoy this new Terminator, we may still have King Conan.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War