Topic: Scam posts and a PSA for ya all.  (Read 17746 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Scam posts and a PSA for ya all.
« on: December 16, 2014, 02:18:33 pm »
Hey friends old and new alike. I just wanted to let ya know, that we are sorry that some lame Ferengi got through our shields the other day. Some offering pay day loans, others offering whatever. I know Nemesis and I have been working in tangent, to catch these, and will continue to do so.

But we can't be online 24-7. I wanted to let you all know about a feature we have on the boards, at the bottom of any post, there is a button to report to Moderator. If you happen to see one of these guys spamming again, Please hit that button and let us know so we can lock them out.

With Christmas coming up, a lot of boards have these problems, but as we all know, clicking a bad link can be bad for every one.

Thanks every one, and have a great week!

Stephen aka Sirgod.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Scam posts and a PSA for ya all.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:53:05 pm »
Hey.  That deal in Nigeria is going to make me rich!

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:02:21 pm »
Hehe, yeah, I saw that cop gif the other day Adam, and had to laugh a bit.

I just figured that some people may not be aware of the report button was all.

and what! Knightstorm is really a Nigerian prince! Take my moneh!!!!
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 07:32:39 pm »
You misread my post.  I only do business with Nigerian princes.  Its been long established that I am an Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico.  And my deal with the Nigerians will soon increase my personal wealth.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 07:35:13 pm »
Ahh, it all makes sense now.  With Nigeria under your control, you would have the three richest nations under your thumb. the US of A, the US of Mexico, and Nigeria. ;)

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:20 pm »
They offered generic erectile dysfunction medication! Yay!  Not that I need any of course.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 11:50:30 am »
I need some medication to get me on the computer more often so I can mod more and play. Gimme something I can use, Hmph, penile dysfunction smh  ::)

There's probably a scuzzy guy standing on the corner in a bad part of town that can help you with that sort of "medication".  ;)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 03:25:08 pm »
You got bots on your board not mine and we get a lot of hits.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 06:49:04 pm »
Heh, I tell yeah, I love you guys. Had one tonight, and when I hit up the report, we had like half a dozen peeps report the spammy bastard.

Thanks Men!

Offline CanInf

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 04:43:18 pm »
I am having a little trouble with the patch. I had CE working from the initial download, but once updated with 2677 the program simply flashed a black screen and that was it. Help is appreciated, thanks for the game!

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 03:56:46 pm »
I am having a little trouble with the patch. I had CE working from the initial download, but once updated with 2677 the program simply flashed a black screen and that was it. Help is appreciated, thanks for the game!

Open your sfc.ini file, which is found in the same place as Starfleet2CE.exe. Choose another value for "lowres". Valid values are 0 through 6. One of them will work best for your machine. Start with the common resolution described by a value of 3. Try "windowed" = 0 for fullscreen mode or "windowed" = 1 for windowed (PiP) mode.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 08:38:06 am »
what happens when you reply to spam?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxULBpFkFI
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 06:28:17 pm »
what happens when you reply to spam?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxULBpFkFI

That one is very cool.
I like to watch some Ted Talks from time to time. :)
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)