Topic: Two new major SFC3 mods out  (Read 14997 times)

Offline JanB

• Lt. Junior Grade
Two new major SFC3 mods out
« on: December 30, 2014, 06:39:42 pm »
After all those years there's still some life left in SFC3 modding: two independent major mods have been released in December 2014.

There's the long anticipated Typhon Pact mod made by a team led by Chris Jones. The mod follows the Typhon Pact book series. The team have their own Facebook with news announcements and download links:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Trek-Starfleet-Command-III-Typhon-Pact/1448681922010855

Then there is my own project, the SFC3 Upgrade Mod, I released version 2.3.1 back in 2010 and since then it's been downloaded over 9400 times on Filefront. Recently I've had a lot of time on my hands and I decided to update the project, mainly to get rid of the lock up problem that plagued version 2.3.1, but after I fixed that it became so much more and now I proudly present version 3.2 before I slip back into SFC modding retirement. My mod tries to extend canon Trek into the early 2380s, Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi empires have been added to the conquest campaign, I've updated/added many skirmish and conquest mission scripts, vastly improved the graphics of the game (ships, planets, space backgrounds, effects), made the gameplay faster. I wanted it to feel as much like a polished stand alone game as possible. Here's a link to the download:

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-starfleet-command-3/downloads/sfc-upgrade-mod-3-2-all-in-one

No matter which of these mods you prefer, have fun playing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:46:47 am by JanB »

Offline Copy801

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Two new major SFC3 mods out
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 04:29:45 pm »
Glad to see mods are still being made for SFC3 ;D. So much better then legacy. Downloading these right now, thank you for posting!

Offline SeraphTC

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 06:16:47 pm »
Hi Jan,

I've noticed a bit of a problem with 3.1 - during the first campaign mission as the klingons the Romulan ships fly inside the planet and are very difficult to see or shoot due to camera positioning.

Is there a specific reason why you chose to allow clipping on the planetary objects?  Is there an easy way to reverse this to prevent the issue with single player?

Thanks,

SeraphTC

Offline JanB

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 02:28:27 pm »
I changed that to prevent collisions with planets in planetary assault scenarios.

You can reverse this by editing the "DefaultCore.txt" file in the Assets/Specs folder. Find the lines with "PlanetTerran" and "PlanetGowloon" and change the "ship" attribute on those lines into "ship:Planet", wait I've done it for you and attached the file to this post, just put it in your Assets/Specs folder.

Thank you for playing my mod, what are your thoughts on it?

Offline Kronnus

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:52:09 am »

Thx for the Upgrade Mod 3.0... You did a great job with this one… It’s really good to see that still exist some fans making mods for this old, but awesome game…

How you made the new FX/Textures for the phasers and romulan disruptors??? Looks a lot better now…  Can you tell me what textures files go with each weapon???

Once again, thx for sharing your work... (And sorry for my English)…

Offline JanB

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 02:26:58 pm »
Thanks!

If I remember correctly the phasers and Romulan disruptors are controlled by the "fx1" and "fx_mauler_beam" texture files in the textures folder, it's possible the "phaser1" texture played a role too in the vanilla version of SFC3 (I don't remember everything I changed while modding). The "fx_mauler_beam" texture is not present in the vanilla version's texture folder, but I found references to a texture by that name in the source code and found out that if you make a texture with that name the Romulan disruptor will be influenced by it, otherwise it defaults to sharing textures with the phaser. The blue phasers (polaron beams) in the 3.1 patch were created through hex editing of the source code, took me weeks to figure everything out how to do that.

Offline Kronnus

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 11:39:14 am »
 Thank you very much for your help...

I always hated the romulan disruptor and most of the others weapons textures. And your mod has, in my opinion, the best textures for this game… Great work…

Once again, thanks for sharing… 

PS.: A weird thing is happening … I have some heavy lag playing the Federation conquest campaign, but the rest of the mod is going smoothly…    :-\

Offline MrCrash

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 12:41:35 pm »
I am just coming back to SFC and trying to catch up to speed. i am getting both of the mods here, all i have at this time is the vanilla game installed. Are there  campaign servers up any where? I am finding spotty info in many places. 

I played this years ago and I like to try and get back into it. I bought SFC:CE and thought something was off then when i played SFC3 i was like oh this is what i remember :) so now i know what versions of the game i enjoyed i need to work out the does anyone do the campaign. I recall something like they would last a few months and reset.

I would also like to lend a hand in the SF4 Project i sent emails (maybe to the wrong folks idk)

anyone doing anything please hit me up.
email gary.albano
@gmail

PS: Crap that a lot of verification to reply, i'm already logged in. i know the spam issue is real but wow...

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »
JanB,

I can't open your sprites.q3 version after install your patch 3.1, and your HD patch.
But it works well with your 3.0 update.

Is it intended?
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Tiberius

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 03:56:06 am »
I made HD patches to go with my SFC3 Upgrade Mod (version 3.1):

16:9 http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=89718262234869390256

16:10 http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08278137357355152218

Credit for the original HD patches goes to "d4v1ks".

cant download from that site could you please use dropbox its free and better than  tinyupload  https://www.dropbox.com/downloading  thanks

Offline JanB

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 03:15:53 pm »
JanB,

I can't open your sprites.q3 version after install your patch 3.1, and your HD patch.
But it works well with your 3.0 update.

Is it intended?

That's because I manually added an additional image to the file. It works in beautifully in the game but doesn't play nice with your editor for some reason.

Offline JanB

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 07:50:15 am »
I have released a new all-in-one version (3.2). It has an installer that takes care of all necessary patching (widescreen resolution, Windows version, previous versions of the mod and the 1.01 534 patch by Taldren) automatically. It also contains some minor bug fixes and new models and textures.

New links for all the stuff:

All-in-one version 3.2: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-starfleet-command-3/downloads/sfc-upgrade-mod-3-2-all-in-one

Windows 8.1 compatibility patch: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-starfleet-command-3/downloads/sfc3-windows-8-compatibility-fix

Windows 10 compatibility patch: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-starfleet-command-3/downloads/sfc3-windows-10-compatibility-fix