Topic: Possible way to work around Gamespy? SFC3  (Read 1950 times)

Offline shade1129

• Lt. Junior Grade
Possible way to work around Gamespy? SFC3
« on: January 12, 2015, 01:42:20 am »
Hello,

I have posted multiple threads in the last few hours. New to the forums, old to SFC, hoping I can bring back some activity to an amazing game series. Currently I am playing with SFC3 stuff, although I am curious if this particular find might be useful for more than just SFC3... And also just how useful this particular find might be.

Playing with the HEX code of SFC3.exe at position 571210h, I found a series of bytes which refer to "master.gamespy.com".

Could this be used to bypass GameSpy, in favor of alternative programs which have arisen since the fall of GameSpy, or perhaps even to forgo GameSpy altogether in using Dyna2/3 server kits?

Really eager to enhance the multiplayer functionality of the SFC games! Personally, I never had the chance to experience the "online campaigns".. It seems this community has died down quite a bit, but I hope there might be some eager programmers still hanging around!

I have limited skills, myself, but I would be glad to do anything I can to help with newer projects.

Offline Beansolo

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Possible way to work around Gamespy? SFC3
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:09:21 pm »
Shade1129 (and anyone wanting to play SFC3 Online Campaign), I have discovered a way to emulate Gamespy authentication and have had a server running SFC3 Multiplayer campaigns for a couple months now.  Have a look at my post here in the Dynaverse 3 Forum: http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163394297.0.html

If you run into any issues getting in, just let me know.

Beansolo