Topic: Speculation: Archer versus Archer.  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Speculation: Archer versus Archer.
« on: March 15, 2015, 08:55:11 pm »
Ok friends, I was going through my Google news, in which of course I have set Star Trek, so I can keep up to date.

Anyways, following the link of the 30 greatest Star Trek Villains, which I disagree with the list greatly , I came across this little tid bit.

http://whatculture.com/gallery/star-trek-30-greatest-ever-villains/17

The pic there shows the silhouette pushing the Suliban in the whole Temporal Time War arc (which I think we all hated) which was created by Braga, (Whom I believe we all hate.)

anyways, the article says this.

From the start of the Enterprise series this mysterious character pulled the strings and was constantly in the fray.

Brannon Braga said on Twitter that if the series had been recommissioned it would have been revealed that the silhouette was actually Captain Archer.

Holy crap, that would have been the McGuffin to end all switcharoos.

What do you think about this? Speculations? It was the first time I ever heard about such a thing.

Hell, If I was in Archers position, and found out I was the one who manipulated the Suliban, and caused the whole mess with the Xindi (as tampering with the time line showed.) I'd simply end my own life for the better good. But this is Star Trek, we know such an action would never come to pass, so It really makes me rethink things. Was this genius?  Would it have been predictable back then?

This one has me scratchin' the ole noggin something fierce.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Re: Speculation: Archer versus Archer.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 05:28:55 am »
I'm sure it was one of those paradox lesser of two evils things. If Archer helps the Suliban horrible things will happen; if he doesn't, Khan's supermen get assimilated by the Borg and take over the universe after invading the Q Continuum.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 07:57:12 am »
Corbo is probably right. Lesser of two evils kind of thing. Still, It makes one wonder , Maybe if he doesn't lead the Suliban, no one will ever be able to modulate the Tachyon streams? who knows.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:51:51 pm »
Mirror Archer. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 01:30:16 pm »
I always figured it was the Vulcan guy that was behind the perverberal curtain.  Huh...

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 01:42:16 pm »
My theory was that there were two versions of the time line.  The Mirror line with Spock or his son trying to prevent the Empire and the Archer line which kept accidentally crossing him up (with better tech for actual travel rather than projection) and restoring it with neither side able to be aware directly of the other as only one exists at a time.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."