Topic: Star Trek Movie  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
Star Trek Movie
« on: April 20, 2015, 06:55:29 pm »

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Star Trek Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:03:52 pm »
I'm late on this, too.  Didn't know it existed (seems to be a pattern with me on stuff that people reveal on this forum...).

Definitely feels Old School.  This is where Trek should have gone.

Looking forward to Axanar.  I can't believe this is a fan film: looks great.  The Prelude to Axanar is already more enjoyable than Abrams' stuff.

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:34:54 am »
I've been following their blog and the more recent website addition 'captain's log' for a few months now.

http://www.startrekaxanar.com/

And yeah, ' Prelude To Axanar' rocks!  I don't know how long it'll take for the full feature to get done, but I am very much looking forward to it!

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 07:46:23 pm »
I don't like the reboot. I feel they (Paramount) destroyed the complex world they created over 40 years.
They should have built upon what was already in place.

FYI: I was playing this(SFC) game and posting on the forum decades ago.
You can go back and find my old posts. :)

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:32:25 pm »
I don't like the reboot. I feel they (Paramount) destroyed the complex world they created over 40 years.
They should have built upon what was already in place.

If JJ Abrams wanted to do a "reboot," he shouldn't have made a drinking game with his movies.  If you take a shot of whisky every time those films refer to something from an earlier Trek, and then does something absurd, you'll be under the table before the end of the film.

USS appears.  (The model is a reconfiguration of the USS Enterprise Model, so this refers to the USS Reliant in The Wrath Of Khan.  The engineering hull rises above the primary hull, with a single warp engine nacelle, so it looks absurd.)  Take a drink.

The warp engine appears to produce thrust, pushing the ship forward.  This references the basic starship archatechture, where the impulse engines do the pushing, (remember "impulse" from HS physics?) and the "warp engines" fold space.  Having the "warp" engines push is absurd.  Take a drink.

Oh yeah, The bad guy is a poor version of the little creep from Nemisis.  That movie was so bad that any reference to it is absurd.  Take a drink.

In ST IV Kirk said that he was born in Iowa....
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary