Topic: Oh No! They're Ruining My Childhood Again!  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Oh No! They're Ruining My Childhood Again!
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:34:54 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/26/entertainment/jonny-quest-movie-feat/index.html

I've been wondering why they haven't made a movie of this before now. This show was awesome when I was a kid. The art quality of the animation, especially the backgrounds, was very impressive for 1964 TV and still holds up today. This was a kid's show, but people died occasionally and it had fairly highbrow concepts that would rarely see the light of day these days in a kid's show. Only Clone Wars and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes have approached that level recently, both to be cancelled by Disney to be replaced with tamer fare. Too bad the production costs limited JQ to one season even though it was hugely popular at the time of broadcast. I also applaud Hanna-Barbera for not deciding to go cheaper to cash in on the popularity of the show and keep it going in an inferior form.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:48:17 pm by Corbomite »

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Re: Oh No! They're Ruining My Childhood Again!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:21:31 pm »
The anguish was tongue-in-cheek (hence the winky smiley). If you read the article people are already sobbing and they don't even know anything about it yet. I'm doubtful in my interest myself since making it for kids is the target here, but that doesn't mean it has to suck.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:19:40 am »
The short run and the fact that there was actually quite a bit of depth does mean that if and that is always a big if the right people are involved that it could be pretty good. I am not going to hold my breath though.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 04:58:03 pm »
At least they aren't making an all female Ghostbusters film... Oh wait