Topic: Uhura  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Uhura
« on: June 04, 2015, 03:33:21 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:34:40 pm by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Uhura
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:45:32 pm »
That's to bad.  And so soon after losing Nemoy.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 11:57:05 am »
Stroke doesn't mean dead; here's hoping she's getting good care and attention. She might bounce back still.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 08:36:53 pm »
I was just reading the comments on her stroke on Slashdot and some racist/troll has used this as an opportunity to attack her. I had mod points and marked them as flamebait but this is one of the rare times I'd rather hurt someone.  I don't think she would like that though.

Get Well Soon Nichelle. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 11:20:59 pm »
From the reports there she is eating rather than being on IV which is a good sign.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Cpt. Gordon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 01:53:06 am »
Don't know if anyone has seen the Star Trek new voyages, called Phase II now. But I just seen a new movie, hasn't been out long,. Staring Nichelle, Uhura, and a whole bunch of star trek alumni. She was the star of the show. Here is the link, check it out. Dam good movie... http://startrekofgodsandmen.com/main/

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 11:40:18 am »
All reports are that her MRI and CAT scans came back normal.  She should be out in a few days (if she hasn't already been released).
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 03:08:47 pm »
That's great news,so many times I see these types of press releases then the next thing I hear is that they passed away.  Good that she'll be sticking around for a while longer.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 03:50:49 pm »

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 07:53:34 pm »
Glad to hear she is doing well.  From my little experience with strokes attitude seems to have a great deal to do with recovery.  If you're the type to keep trying your chances of full recovery seem better than if you're the type to just accept what is as what will be.  Also seems to help if you have someone cheering you on and helping to push you over the rough spots.  I think she isn't the type to lie back and accept it and she is probably flooded with fan good wishes (and hopefully has a good secretary to filter the trollish messages) to help over the rough spots.