Topic: A phone for C64 and Amiga fans  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
A phone for C64 and Amiga fans
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:57:45 pm »
Link to full article

Retro gaming fans may soon be able to bring back treasured memories as one of the industry’s most iconic names prepares to launch its first smartphone.

Commodore, best known for its Commodore 64 games console, is set to release an Android smartphone later this year that will bring the company’s iconic gaming experience to your pocket.

The Commodore PET runs a custom version of Android 5.0 Lollipop and lets you play both old Commodore 64 and Amiga games with its preinstalled VICE C64 and Uae4All2-SDL Amiga emulators.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: A phone for C64 and Amiga fans
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 04:14:46 pm »
I always wondered what happened to Commodore after Gateway computers was sold off.  Too bad Commodore got bought out, I knew they were going to get used and abused.  For years I hoped that Commodore would integrate their OS into Linux.