Topic: Lunbuntu  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Lunbuntu
« on: September 19, 2015, 10:33:09 am »
I want to replace win xp on a a old laptop and I heard Lunbuntu is good?

I want something simple that don't need to "play" in it at all, got any idea what I can use to replace windows?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: Lunbuntu
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 05:48:06 pm »
With such hardware it might be advisable to do a google search and see how other people have had it work with the version of Linux you want to use.  Also many types of linux provide bootable "Live" CDs/DVDs or thumbdrives (you download and copy the software to that media).  This lets you test how that hardware works with the version of linux you want without installing. 

Myself I've been using Netrunner Linux on a netbook since May 2014.  I booted Netrunner from a thumbdrive, began an install to the HD while doing so I was posting on this forum and playing a youtube video all on the same netbook.  I'd like to see that done with a Windows installation  :)
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."