Topic: Dark Matter 2015  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Dark Matter 2015
« on: November 02, 2015, 06:33:36 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:03:23 pm by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
Re: Dark Matter 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 01:39:26 pm »
Dark Matter is a fix for your sci-fi jones, but it seems pretty derivative of a game setting, like Eve.  I went through the series in a month, and now I'm jonesing again.

It's an OK series, but I'd like to see something more imaginative.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 05:36:35 pm »
I so miss that old series Space: above and beyond.

But yeah, Dark Matter isn't too bad at all. The way I see it, at least the syfy channel is trying to get back to science fiction.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 06:48:23 pm »
... I think the new American generation is uninterested in space exploration...

Is that why The Martian is doing so well at the box office? Can't get much more science fiction/exploration than that.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 08:20:38 pm »
I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 08:54:01 pm »
You mean you don't like Sharknado 1, 2, or 3 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Adam ;D

I prefer Sharktopus, Sharktopus vs. Pterracuda, and Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 06:14:18 am »
I think the new American generation is uninterested in space exploration

I think you're right about this.  As our society has become downwardly mobile, being interested in the outside world has become a luxury.   You have to climb a few steps on Manslow's pyramid to care.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 10:10:24 am »
You mean you don't like Sharknado 1, 2, or 3 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Adam ;D

Oh man, I loved those films, but I like Asylum Films ok. they create stuff I don't have to think about at all. Perfect for just letting the brain go dead while watching a show.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 09:50:18 am »
Haha, I tell ya Brother, you just get to the age where the less one has to think about during "relaxin" the better off one feels. It's like back in the Corp days, when we had to rub our two brain cells together to accomplish anything. (Ie. Eat and sleep being the proper names of the brain cells.) It's the same today.

Shark kill and eat. I get that. I don't have to think so hard as I do with say The LOTR or the like.

It is kind of funny to me though, I recently over Halloween watched the old Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein, and the difference between the two was startling. In the sequel, it was crazy seeing Harryhousein style sprites at the beginning, while the first was just pure awesomesauce.