Topic: Star Trek Beyond official trailer  (Read 11003 times)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
Re: Star Trek Beyond official trailer
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 02:39:49 pm »
From that, I feel like Pegg was embarrassed by the trailer; he is one of the writers of the film after all, he knows what the script is. He also said that the previous script was too "star trek-y" and he was brought in to make it "more inclusive" (his words). Maybe it will be better than the trailer. Either way, Pegg is partly responsible for it, good or bad.

In honor of that other "Star" movie coming out, has anyone ever seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSKsB2Wb2sI

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 05:54:09 pm »
warp engine sheared off
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 06:00:17 pm »
saucer crashing into planet.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 06:41:20 pm »
Til the end of the flick when they trot out the exact same model with "1701-A" slapped on it.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 08:20:30 pm »
And while I'm at it, was I missing something or was Spock trying to save the Romulan homeworld by destroying their star by sucking it into a black hole?  So... they have a starless planet except for the black hole around which they are orbiting?

I MUST have been missing something, right?

It wasn't their star, that's the missing piece, it was A star. A star was/going/went supernova and threatened to destroy pretty much everyone with Romulus being first in line. Spock agreed/was asked to find a way to stop it which is where red matter came in. Red matter would suck the star into/turn it into a black hole, stopping the shock wave. He succeeded but was to late to save Romulus. Nero blamed him. Spock goes over it in his monologue but unless you listen to it on loop it's hard to get all the details.

Oh, okay.  Thanks for that!  Makes more sense.  Still not ENOUGH sense, but it makes MORE sense.

I guess it depends on whether or not a star close enough to screw Romulus/Remus by going nova would also screw Romulus/Remus if it was a black hole as well.

But better than destroying the Romulan home star itself!

Anyhow, thought this youtube DEFENDING Abrams' Trek was interesting:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQhMdEXmMI

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 08:23:27 pm »
Simon Peggs reaction to the crap we saw.

http://youtu.be/2f4aAwa5wdg

His facial expressions are like, (I'm so sorry, ehh. I know, it sucked.) Lol

That was AMAZING! Pegg's reaction is priceless.  He looks like he is in physical pain at one point.  But at least it leaves us a glimmer of hope that he "gets it."

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 10:15:11 pm »
He's talking about the trailer, guys. He's gone to the dark side, he's not one of us, 'cause he helped make what you saw.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 05:35:56 am »
The new alien costumes look kinda cool.  Other than that, there seems like a lot of pointless action, going way too fast.  If it follows the last to movies, the fast pace and pointless action are to cover up an idiotic plot.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 01:15:02 pm »
Forget Pegg, here's the reaction you wanted to see.

http://www.techinsider.io/george-takei-reviews-star-trek-trailer-2015-12

Thank you George.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2015, 09:38:05 pm »
Given what little substance we saw in the trailer.  I can see a bit of a plot developing here.  The Federation is out exploring and colonizing the outer regions, the frontier.  The indigs get indignant and start fighting back.  If Gene were still in charge of story telling, I'd say its an attempt to take a look at the United States' Westward Expansion days in the mid 1800s.  It has potential to be a good story... but, potential.  I don't trust anything coming from this branch of the Trek Universe.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 11:28:52 am »
I don't trust anything coming from this branch of the Trek Universe.

I don't either.  Star Trek needs a real reboot, after JarJar Abrams finished raping her.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary