Topic: How SFC managed to make it to Middle-Earth just a tad  (Read 7888 times)

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
How SFC managed to make it to Middle-Earth just a tad
« on: December 18, 2015, 05:20:59 am »
So I'm playing LOTRO and I've completed some quests and go to Rivendale to see what I can buy with barter tokens and I see I can get a cosmetic pet squirrel....

Naturally this is the result:

Online Captain Adam

• Lt.
Re: How SFC managed to make it to Middle-Earth just a tad
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 05:49:28 am »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:37:31 pm by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:55:35 am »
Was that a scream I just heard?
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 02:04:31 pm »
 >:(

<sigh>

MEANWHILE!!!! . . .  ..    Somewhere in a dull brick building sits our hero, moi.   And after reading yet another post that has absolutely nothing to do with getting J'inn playing a game which will sooth his frustrated mind . . . .   as an aside,  I need soothing badly I'm already in third person speak . . .  I need help . . .. . . he switches from gin to scotch.   It is after 3:00 pm here after all.

* KAT J'inn gets out baseball bat that has "GET ME A GAME NOW"  carved in it and starts beating his monitor to death.

Game NOW!!   Something multiplayer in which i can command legions of players from all over the world to accomplish the true goal of any game . . .  online scamming of RL cash . . . . erm . . .  I mean soothing my mind.   SOOOTHING!!!

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 11:28:45 pm »
Great to see you are alive and kicking J'inn and not eaten by squirrels. 

Take this post as a tribute to your ability to take something from real life and spin it into a very humorous story.

What games you playing now if any?

Some SFC folks have been doing world of Warships (myself included, although I just got back from a break)  Moggy has become a terror on it and even got featured in a Jingles video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yx9xkC54OA

I'm also as mentioned doing LOTRO with Scipio and some other old friends. 

Also if you ever want to get in touch with or just say hello to Gook, Sockfoot, Squiggy, or Kor try here:

http://adventurefollies.com/forum/index.php

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 04:40:27 pm »
I haven't played anything online at all in well over two years.   It has been dull.    My concern is I tend to over do things so if I am going to over do it . . . it needs to be something good.  And . . . .  I just confused myself.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 06:50:49 pm »
Oh found out something funny this week, Gook started doing the old LOTRO as well and he happened to be on the same server...Arkenstone.  I already crafted him some stuff to help him along as he is even lower level than the rest of us. 

As far as overdoing it I follow you as I had to make a second character because I was outlevelling Scipio  and out other friend who started before me....then I made a third toon because that one got ahead as well...then a third....a fourth...and now I'm on my 5th which is only 2 levels ahead of Scipio now.....   

However Scippy did restart his character once somewhere in the middle of that but even for a Gorn he tends to move slow...LOL

He is married, has kids and plays usually only on our group night (friday) so he isn't hard to get ahead of if you play a few hours a night and don't stop to read every single dialogue in detail.  I'm more the next quest!  Where?Okay!Fastest way there? Gone! type....although as I found out on D&D online I'm not even close to Die Hard level "zerging".

Oh BTW I think they have a quest chain inspired by you:   "The Ballad of Bingo Boffin"

An example from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhCy3_X20Kc

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 04:04:49 pm »
I think Star Citizen is our only hope.  Does SFC4 even exist?

DDO is fine, but you need like 5 friends who all play together so you can experience it at your own pace.   The vets left run so fast they'll leave you in the dust and suck the fun out of it for you.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 04:14:02 pm »
Star Citizen looks so good...
Just look this video of ingame footage...
You can literally visit and land in hundreds of different planets in real time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWrCQYDBEkY

Maybe that kind of immersion is too much...
The game starts to look more like a second life...
I do not know if it will be healthy.
Seems to have the potential to be addictive and very time consuming.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:25:30 pm by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)